Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 on December 28 is officially launched by the Chinese tech giant. The latest version of MIUI 12.5 comes with new system animation, new sounds, new mount siguniang super wallpaper, new privacy protection option, new notes, MIUI + (You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station), floating windows, casting and more.
Xiaomi said that MIUI has launched two major versions in 1 year, and the latest result is MIUI12.5. Xiaomi has renewed the system UI and optimized system applications to reduce the memory of system applications. Occupation and power consumption and MIUI12.5 also adds uninstallable pre-installed applications, users can only keep 9 necessary APP.
The light cone architecture is also newly upgraded, bringing gesture Turbo, priority scheduling of gesture touch, the official said that it is hard to separate from iOS; the motion calculation power has also been upgraded by 20 times, which can bring better motion effects; in addition, MIUI12.5 It also brings dynamic effect classification, which brings different effects for different specifications of mobile phones, and optimizes the operation and user the experience of MIUI on different models.
Check The Complete MIUI 12.5 Changelog:
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures. New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level. All-new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- *Learn more about new features in “Special features”.
- New: You can measure your heart rate using the camera now.
- New: Start recording running, walking, and cycling workouts manually, and enjoy lots of online workout
- classes. Optimization: Automatic workout recognition is much more accurate now.
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: The aspect ratio is adjusted to the external monitor automatically during casting.
- New: The audio of the app that’s being cast in a floating window is separated from other audio.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode. Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now. Optimization: Revamped device control center.
- Optimization: Local search results are sorted automatically now. Optimization: All-new design.