The Huawei Mate 20 is a flagship smartphone that features a good enough battery that provides the stamina to run the entertainment for long hours. Under the hood, an excellent configuration is present which ensures that the device will handle multitasking with ease. The photography and videography experience of the user will surely enhance due to the presence of great cameras. Overall, the Huawei Mate 20 is one of the best smartphones to go for.
According to the previous report, Huawei has vowed to roll out EMUI 11 for the Mate 20 smartphones in Q1 2021. Now, the company finally rolled out the EMUI 11 software update for the Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro & Huawei Mate 20 X.
According to the news, the brand new EMUI 11 comes with the always-on display, multiwindow mode, installs new animations, subtle UI effects, major tweaks for NotePad, better smart features, and more.
Talking about the EMUI 11 update, it comes with the build number 220.127.116.11 and the size package of this update is 1.86GB for Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro & Huawei Mate 20 X. Also, you can check the complete changelog which is mention below.
EMUI 11 Official Changelog:
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Note: The latest OTA update for the OnePlus Nord is being seeded in a batched matter across the world. Therefore, it may take time to reach your unit.