OnePlus 8 Pro is a premium device that comes with a robust spec-sheet. It offers excellent performance supporting high-end games and massive usage. The power backup of the device is also strong, featuring both fast charging and wireless refilling support.
Further, its admirable camera setup with sufficient storage and Dolby Atmos Speakers turns it into an irresistible deal. However, its non-expandable memory slot can be a matter of concern for certain users.
OnePlus 8 Pro sports an impressive Fluid AMOLED display adopting a punch-hole design on the top corner. It stands 6.78-inch tall and bears a screen resolution of 1,440 x 3,168 pixels along with 513 ppi sharp pixel density.
Recently, the OnePlus 8 lineup got the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update which adds Dock” — a Digital Wellbeing-like dashboard — to the OnePlus Shelf and finally brings the January 2021 security patches.
According to the latest information shared by the OnePlus Official, the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users now receiving the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 7 software update and it also brings February 2021 security patch. You can check the complete changelog of this update which is given below.
- Adjusted the layout of the emergency rescue in the password lock screen.
- Fixed the issue that the Horizon light has a small probability of failing to turn on.
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02.
- Optimized the stability.
Note: Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).