Last week, Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 21327 (RS_PRERELEASE) preview update for Windows Insider of the Dev channel. Today, Microsoft released the cumulative update KB5001277, after installation, the version number rose to Build 21327.1010. This update does not contain any new features, mainly to test Microsoft’s service pipeline.
As the latest preview version of the 21H2 feature update code-named “Sun Valley”, the appearance of the “News and Interests” information stream on the taskbar has been optimized. Microsoft said that the new design can further highlight the titles and content that users are interested in in the information flow, making your information flow more clear and attractive.
When users “see more news”, they will get an information flow experience in the browser and provide more in-depth content updates. However, this new feature is not currently available to all Dev channel users.
In addition, many system icons have received Fluent Design’s style adjustments and introduced a new font-Segoe Fluent Icons. For example, those interfaces that use Segoe MDL2 assets in the start menu and settings application have enabled a brand-new icon design, which has a more rounded and simplified look and feel. Users of ARM64 devices will also find from this Build version that the default architecture of PowerShell is now x64 instead of x86.
Windows 10 Build 21327 fixes the following content:
- Fixed an issue that affected the reliability of the start menu and other modern applications in recent versions.
- Fixed the problem that when you hover the mouse cursor or pen on the toggle key on the touch keyboard, the background color of the key is wrong. Currently, this change is first introduced to some Insiders to help us quickly identify issues that may affect performance and reliability.
- Fixed the problem that when using the Japanese 106/109 traditional keyboard layout, the KANA input mode in the touch keyboard will not be persisted the next time it is started.
- Fixed the issue with the new “Paste as Plain Text” option in the clipboard history. In some languages, the text is crowded.
- Fixed an issue with specific clipboard content. If you click on the first entry in the clipboard history, something different from the selected content will be pasted.
- Fixed an issue that caused the emoji panel and IME candidate window to partially deviate from the screen during recent flights.
- Fixed a problem, when installing certain applications, it may cause IRQL NOT LESS or EQUAL error checking.
- Fixed issues that may cause the login screen and DWM to hang during recent flights.
- Fixed the problem. If your primary monitor uses HDR and your secondary monitor uses SDR, the application thumbnails in the taskbar on the primary monitor will turn black.
- A bug has been fixed. In this bug, the display change may unexpectedly cause the window to grow or shrink. This is mainly for systems where the display is set to different zoom factors (DPI).
- Fixed a problem in recent flights. If you rotate the computer in tablet mode, your computer may freeze.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a lag when using the Xbox Game Bar to record games on a 144Hz or higher monitor.
- Fixed an issue in the recent build that may cause a pause when playing games with multiple monitors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect notification to appear after each upgrade, showing that a new application has been added to the Start Application section of the settings.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the upgrade to be stuck at 88%.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error when launching MSI X-packaged desktop applications in the latest Dev Channel version.
Known issues include:
- Microsoft is investigating reports that the update process hangs for a long time while trying to install a new version.
- Real-time preview of fixed websites has not been enabled for all Insiders, so when you hover over the thumbnail in the taskbar, you may see a gray window. Microsoft is continuing to work hard to polish this experience.
- Microsoft is working hard to enable a new taskbar experience for existing fixed websites. At the same time, you can unpin the website from the taskbar, delete it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the website.
- [News and Interests] Microsoft is solving a problem that when logging into Windows without Internet access, news and interests may be unavailable, but they will return when they are online.
- [News and interests] Sometimes the pop-up windows of news and interests cannot be dismissed with a pen.
- [ARM64] Internal users who have installed the preview version of the Qualcomm Adreno graphics driver on the Surface Pro X may experience the problem of reduced display brightness. This issue has been fixed by an updated version of the preview graphics driver at https://aka.ms/x64previewdriverprox. If you encounter this problem, please check the feedback collection for more information.
- Microsoft is working to resolve Insiders’ report that the Chinese lunar calendar text in the clock and calendar pop-up windows is no longer displayed correctly. This problem still exists in the previous version.
- Microsoft is working on solving the problem that starting from the last version, under Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update, when you update to the latest status, the status information cannot be displayed.
- Microsoft is investigating reports that the Insider device hangs when connected to the Xbox controller when it shuts down, restarts, or goes to sleep in recent Dev Channel builds.
- Microsoft is investigating the issue of the black screen and/or explorer.exe crash on devices with Bitdefender installed after upgrading to 21313 and above. If you are using Bitdefender, you can choose to suspend the update until Microsoft releases a repaired version.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) users who upgrade to this version will not be able to use GPU computing functions. Microsoft is working hard to solve this problem. Users performing clean installations will not be affected.
- Microsoft is working hard to solve a problem that some devices with Realtek network adapters may experience intermittent loss of network connections when running the 220.127.116.11 version of the driver.
- The “About” page in the settings is not available in this build – Microsoft is repairing it. If you need access to rename your computer, you can do so by running systempropertiescomputername.exe.