The seventh test version of Apple’s operating system is now available to developers, including iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4. Users can download it through the Apple Developer Center, or install the appropriate configuration file on the iPhone or iPad and download it through OTA. The version number is 18E5198a.
In fact, the last beta version (Beta 6) of the latest version number such as iOS 14.5 was released on March 31, and Beta 5 was released on March 23. The first test version was released on February 1st, with a very long time span. Fortunately, Apple previously revealed that it will update the official version, which is expected to be pushed next week.
Apple iOS 14.5 is considered to be the biggest update to iOS 14 so far, introducing some important new features. For example, when you are wearing a mask, you can unlock your iPhone more easily with the new “Unlock with Apple Watch”.
Other changes include support for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X game consoles, AirPlay 2 support for Apple Fitness+, Apple Music updates, and more than 200 new emoji expressions.
Briefly introduce some of the more important new features in iOS 14.5:
- The new “Project” tab in the “Find” app to track upcoming AirTags and other third-party content.
- iOS 14.5 code suggestion to support Apple Card Family Sharing, it is not clear whether this feature will be added to the official version.
- Horizontal start for iPad.
- Apple Music updates, including swipe gestures, lyrics sharing function, etc.
- AirPlay 2 supports Fitness+.
- Waze-like functions in Apple Maps and the foundation of busy data.
- PS5/Xbox Series X support.
- iOS 14.5: Siri no longer defaults to a female voice, and provides two new options.
- Provide 5G global support for iPhone 12’s dual card mode, which was previously restricted to only use 4G LTE networks in dual card mode.
- iOS 14/iPadOS 14 developer preview test version description file: Click here to download
- iOS 14/iPadOS 14 public beta description file: Click here to download
How to Download & Install iOS 14.5 Beta 7 on Your iPhone:
You’ll need an Apple developer account to update your iPhone. You can get the restore image from your dev portal, then install it with iTunes or Finder. Otherwise, install the configuration profile, then update by going to Settings –> General –> Software Update. Finally, you can simply wait for it to auto-install if you have a dev profile and “Automatic Updates” is enabled.