Apple has already started rolling out iOS and iPadOS 14.5. The latest software update includes a new app tracking transparency feature, which allows users to decide whether to allow apps to track their activities “on other companies’ apps and websites” for advertising purposes. Now, whenever the app is designed to share your activity in this way, a pop-up window will appear.
Facebook has severely criticized Apple’s app tracking transparency, claiming that it has proposed “the wrong trade-off between personalized advertising and privacy.” The new option may adversely affect its business as well as the business of third-party advertisers.
Perhaps it’s more important to the daily use of the iPhone. iOS 14.5 also includes a very useful and timely new trick: If you have an Apple Watch, you can set your iPhone to automatically unlock without the need for Face ID matching or passwords, as long as Apple’s smartwatch is on your wrist.
Access to your mobile phone system will become faster, especially if you wear a mask all day long. This is especially important. The installation of watchOS 7.4 is a necessary condition for this feature to work, and the update is also available from today. iOS and iPad OS 14.5 include a large number of new emojis, with an emphasis on inclusiveness. The update also adds the ability to watch Apple Fitness Plus workouts with AirPlay 2 on the TV.
Apple’s Podcasts app has a new design and optional subscriptions. The latest PS5 and Xbox series X/S gamepads are now supported on iPhone and iPad, starting from this update. All iPhone 12 models will allow 5G connections in a dual-SIM mode in more countries.
Starting from the 14.5 updates, Apple will no longer default to the female voice of its Siri assistant. Instead, you will be prompted to choose your favorite sound during device setup. iOS and iPadOS 14.5 are now being rolled out to iPhone and iPad users; you can click “Software Update” on the settings page to start the update process immediately.
iOS 14.5 changelog
Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch Series 3 and later when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
AirTag and Find My
- Support for AirTag to keep track of and find your important items like your keys, wallet, backpack and more, privately and securely in the Find My app
- Precision Finding uses visual, audible, and haptic feedback to guide you directly to your nearby AirTag using Ultra Wideband provided by the U1 chip on iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models
- AirTag can be located by playing a sound via the built-in speaker
- The Find My network with hundreds of millions of devices can help you find your AirTag, even when it isn’t nearby
- Lost Mode notifies you when your AirTag is found, and you can enter a phone number where you can be contacted.
- Support for separate skin tones for each individual in all variations of the couple kissing emoji and couple with heart emoji
- New face emojis, heart emojis, woman with a beard emoji
- Siri now includes more diverse voice options
- Incoming calls can be announced with Siri, including who is calling, when you’re wearing your AirPods or compatible Beats headphones, and you can answer hands-free
- Group FaceTime calls are supported by asking Siri to FaceTime a list of contacts or a group name from Messages
- Emergency contacts can be called by asking Siri
- App Tracking Transparency lets you control which apps are allowed to track your activity across other companies’ apps and websites for ads or sharing with data brokers
- Share your favorite lyrics using Messages, Facebook, and Instagram Stories, and subscribers can play the snippet in Messages without leaving the conversation
- City charts showcase what’s popular in over 100 cities from all over the world
- Podcasts Show Pages are redesigned to make it easier to start listening
- Option to save and download episodes, automatically adding them to your Library for quick access
- Download behavior and notification settings can be customized on a show-by-show basis
- Top Charts and popular categories in Search help you discover new shows
- Dual SIM support enables 5G connectivity on the line that’s using cellular data on iPhone 12 models
- Smart Data Mode improvements further optimize your experience on 5G networks for better battery life and data usage on iPhone 12 models
- 5G international roaming enabled on supported carriers on iPhone 12 models
- Redesigned News+ tab enables Apple News+ subscribers to quickly find, download, and manage magazine and newspaper issues
- All-new Search experience that helps you find relevant topics, channels, and stories
- Accidents, hazards, or speed checks along your route can be reported by telling Siri on your iPhone or on CarPlay
- Estimated time of arrival (ETA) can be shared when cycling or walking, in addition to driving, by asking Siri or tapping on the route card at the bottom of the screen, then tapping Share ETA
- Ability to sort reminders by Title, Priority, Due Date, or Creation date
- Option to print your reminder lists
- Translation playback speed can be adjusted by long pressing the play button
- Xbox Series X/S Wireless Controller or Sony PS5 DualSenseTM Wireless Controller support
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
- ETA in Apple Maps can be easily shared while driving with new Siri or keyboard controls in CarPlay
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Messages at the bottom of the thread may be hidden by the keyboard under certain circumstances
- Deleted messages may still appear in Spotlight search
- Messages may persistently fail to send texts in some threads
- Mail would not load new emails for some users until restarting the device
- Call blocking and identification section may not appear in Phone settings
- iCloud Tabs may not appear in Safari
- iCloud Keychain could be prevented from turning off
- Reminders created via Siri may be unintentionally set for early morning hours
- Battery health reporting system will recalibrate maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability on iPhone 11 models to address inaccurate estimates of battery health reporting for some users (https://support.apple.com/HT212247)
- Optimization to reduce the appearance of a dim glow that may appear at reduced brightness levels with black backgrounds on iPhone 12 models
- AirPods audio routing to incorrect device for Automatic Switching
- AirPods Automatic Switching notifications might be missing or duplicated.
Source – OWN
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, RMC Gaming, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.