Today Apple pushed the official version of iOS 14.5/iPadOS 14.5, and also pushed the latest macOS Big Sur 11.3 and watchOS 7.4 official version system update, this time the version number is 20E232. Apple’s official update introduced that macOS Big Sur 11.3 added support for AirTag, improved iPhone and iPad apps that can be used on Macs equipped with the M1 chip, and supports a separate selection of different skin colors for couple of emojis.
Talking about watchOS, this is the fourth major update of the watchOS 7 operating system released in September 2020. watchOS 7.4 was released three months after watchOS 7.3. The watchOS 7.4 update can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone, go to General> Software Update. To install new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50% battery, it needs to be placed on the charger, and it needs to be within range of the iPhone.
With iOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4 brings a new Unlock with the Apple Watch function. When trying to use Face ID while wearing a mask, you can unlock iPhone X and subsequent models through Apple Watch. Below you can check the complete changelog of macOS Big Sur and the watchOS 7.4.
Join Our Apple Channel On Telegram
watchOS 7.4 Changelog:
- When trying to use Face ID with a mask, you can unlock iPhone X and subsequent models through Apple Watch.
- A new option to classify Bluetooth device types has been added to “Settings”, which can correctly identify the headset to facilitate audio notifications.
- Stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness + physical training to TVs and devices that support AirPlay 2.
- Users in Australia and Vietnam can now use the “ECG” app on Apple WatchSeries 4 or later models.
- Users in Australia and Vietnam can now receive arrhythmia notifications.
macOS Big Sur 11.3 Changelog:
AirTag and “Find”
- Support to track and find your important items such as keys, wallets and backpacks in a private and safe way in the “Find” App through AirTag
- “Find” network can help you find AirTag through hundreds of millions of devices, even if it is not nearby
- “Lost Mode” can notify you when AirTag is found, you can also enter a contact phone number
iPhone and iPad apps that can be used on Macs equipped with the M1 chip
- Added the option to change the window size of iPhone and iPad App
- Support full-screen display of the highest resolution version of the iPhone or iPad App
- iPhone and iPad games used by tilting the device now support keyboards
- iPhone and iPad games that support game controllers now support keyboard, mouse, and trackpad
- Supports individual selection of skin color for each person in all kissing couple emoji and love couple emoji
- Added facial emojis, love emojis, and female emojis with long beards
- “AutoPlay” will automatically play similar songs after the song or playlist is finished, so as to keep playing music
- City rankings show popular music in major cities
- The “Program Page” of “Podcasts” has been redesigned to make it easier for you to start listening
- The option to store and download episodes can automatically add episodes to the “library” for quick access
- Download behavior and notification settings can be customized for each program
- Popular categories in “Leaderboards” and “Search” can help you discover new shows
- Now you can customize the order of the “Start Page” section
- The new WebExtensions API allows developers to provide extensions that replace the new tab page
- Web Speech API allows developers to integrate speech recognition into web pages to provide real-time subtitles, dictation and voice navigation
- Support WebM and Vorbis video and audio formats
- Sortable “Today” smart list
- Support to synchronize the order of reminders in the list between devices
- Added option to the print reminder list
- Support Xbox Series X|S wireless controller or Sony PS5 DualSense wireless controller
Mac computer with M1 chip
About this device
- After logging in with an Apple ID, the Apple warranty status and AppleCare+ warranty period will be displayed on the “Services” tab of “About This Machine”
- Support for purchasing and registering AppleCare+ for eligible Mac computers from “About This Machine”
This update also fixes the following issues:
- Reminders created through Siri may accidentally be set to the early morning hours
- iCloud Keychain may not turn off
- AirPods’ “Auto Switch” sends audio to the wrong device
- AirPods “Auto Switch” notification may not be displayed or displayed repeatedly
- An external 4K monitor may not display at full resolution when connected via USB-C
- After restarting the Mac mini (M1 chip, 2020 model), the login window may not be displayed correctly
- The “dwell” function in the “accessibility keyboard” may not work properly
- Some features may not be available in all regions or all Apple devices and may require an Apple ID.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, RMC Gaming, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.