In order to coincide with the release of today’s first Windows 11 preview version, Microsoft today announced a major visual update to the Office application on Windows. This visual update provides a simple and more coherent experience for the entire Office application.
This update uses smooth design principles to provide an intuitive, coherent and familiar user interface in all applications. The components involved include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher and Visio.
Any Office Insiders running Beta Channel builds 14228.20000 or higher on Windows 11 or Windows 10 can now feel the change. This visual upgrade will automatically be provided to any Office insider running the Beta channel building.
It can be easily turned off using the “coming soon” function located in the upper right corner of the menu. In Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote, just click the megaphone icon to open the upcoming pane, read more about the visual refresh changes, and use the toggle key to move between the new interface and the current interface. And apply this setting to all Office applications.
Join Our RealMi Central Channel On Telegram
Tips & Tricks
- Office theme. Now, Office matches your Windows theme, so you can experience visual updates in any Office theme you like, including black (dark mode), white, color, or dark gray.
Word & Windows 11 in dark mode
- Quick access to the toolbar. It is now hidden by default to make your interface simpler. To show it again, just right-click the ribbon or click the Ribbon display options icon, and then click Show Quick Access Toolbar.
- The current focus is on the interface of the main application, such as the ribbon and document canvas. Therefore, there will still be some color and style inconsistencies in different UI interfaces, and many elements have not been updated.
- There is a bug in the animation of the application currently on Windows 11, which may make the transition look less smooth.
- The mica background effect has not been added to the application. It will appear in a future update.
- The preview of the data type and shape has a color error under the dark gray theme. When solving this problem, please expand the gallery to view the content.
- There is an error that causes the document title to appear misplaced in the title bar.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Google News, Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.