In order to improve the security experience of Android application developers, the Google Play Store will require them to follow the two new authentication requirements later this year. First, developers will be forced to two-step verification (2SV) when logging in to the Play Management Center.
This is to prevent accounts or applications from being maliciously blessed, thereby ensuring the safety of end-users. It follows Google’s widely promoted 2FA implementation plan. In addition to user names and passwords, developers also need to receive verification codes through mobile phones or use physical security keys to verify the login.
Newly registered Google Play developer accounts will be required to enable two verifications from August this year. Later this year, existing accounts will also implement the same requirements. At the same time, Google is introducing “developer identification requirements” to help the company better understand everyone’s needs.
Join Our RealMi Central Channel On Telegram
In addition to email addresses and phone numbers, developers will also be asked to provide the following information:
- Account type-personal account, or belonging to a specific organization;
- Contact name;
- Actual address;
- Verify email address and phone number.
The above information will not be publicly presented, and is only used to help confirm the identity of the developer and communicate:
- Your contact information allows us to share important information and updates related to your application while ensuring that each account has a real personal creation to ensure the safety of the users of the Play Store as much as possible.
- From now on, developers can specify their account type and verify their contact information. As a temporary optional item, it will become a mandatory requirement for all new accounts in August. As for the existing account, please submit it before the end of the year.
Other matters needing attention:
- Please keep your contact information up to date. We may sometimes contact us via email or phone to verify that your account is active.
- Consider providing an email address that is different from your Google account, especially if your developer account is shared by multiple people in your business or organization.
- The E-mail address used for organization or corporate account contact should not be a general or personal e-mail address. Please make sure to use the e-mail address associated with your organization.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Google News, Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.