According to the latest report, Huawei has officially released May 2021 security patch update to its Huawei Nova 7 5G and P20 Lite devices. Below you can check the build numbers as well as the full changelog.
- Huawei Nova 7 5G – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei P20 Lite – EMUI 22.214.171.1241
Join Our Huawei & Honor Channel On Telegram
- This update improves system security using Android security patches.
- Integrated Android security patches released in May 2021 for improved system security.
- The May 2021 EMUI/Magic UI security patch includes the CVE announced in the May 2021 Android security bulletin. It includes 3 Criticals, 10 High levels and 4 Medium levels of CVE’s.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- This update will not erase your data but backing up your important data before updating might be useful if in case anything happens.
- Before updating make sure that your phone has 60% or above charge.
- Download the update through Wi-Fi to avoid extra mobile data charges or failure in downloading the update.
- Please wait patiently until the update is processed successfully.
Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone was launched on 24th April 2020. The phone comes with a 6.53-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. Huawei Nova 7 5G is powered by a 2.4GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 985 processor that features 1 core clocked at 2.58GHz, 3 cores clocked at 2.4GHz and 4 cores clocked at 1.84GHz. It comes with 8GB of RAM. The Huawei Nova 7 5G runs Android 10 and is powered by a 4000mAh battery. The Huawei Nova 7 5G supports proprietary fast charging.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Nova 7 5G on the rear packs a 64-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture, and a 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera setup has phase detection autofocus. It sports a 32-megapixel camera on the front for selfies with an f/2.0 aperture.
How to update?
The latest update rolling out via the Support App. Also, you can follow the below steps,
- Via Support: Open app -> Services Tab -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
- Via Settings: Open System Settings -> System -> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Google News, Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.