The Realme XT is the first phone in India with a 64-megapixel sensor. It shares a similar design to the Realme 5 Pro but instead of a plastic back, it uses Gorilla Glass 5. The body feels premium and the back doesn’t attract many fingerprints. It has a USB Type-C port, a triple slot for two nano-SIM cards and a microSD card. The 6.4-inch display also gets Gorilla Glass 5 protection and the panel produces vibrant colours. Face unlock is also quick and so is the in-display fingerprint sensor.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 710 SoC and comes in three RAM and storage variants. The 8GB version we reviewed ran smoothly without any issue. The phone also runs on ColorOS 6.0.1 which is based on Android 9 Pie. The new skin features a cleaner layout for the menus and you still have the same set of shortcuts and gestures which we’ve seen before.
The main attraction is the 64-megapixel camera, which captures detailed landscapes and close-ups in most lighting conditions. You can shoot at full resolution, which lets you zoom much more than full 48-megapixel stills, while still maintaining good detail. You also get the same wide-angle and macro cameras from the 5 Pro here. The 16-megapixel selfie camera works well under most lighting conditions. Video recording is also good but the quality at 4K resolution in low light could be better.
According to the information, the current month patch – June 2021 patch along with the Realme UI 2.0 beta rolled out for the Realme XT. This software update fixed the problem that screen flickering. This build carries firmware numbers RMX1921EX_11_F.02 for XT.
- Updated Android security patch: July 2021
- Fixed the problem that screen flickering
- Fixed the problem of abnormal display of the battery icon when the charger is unplugged
- Fixed the problem of abnormal display of authenticated wifi connection
- Fixed the problem that the SIM card number is not displayed in some scenes in setting
- Fixed the noise problem in PUBG in-game calls and hands-free
- Fixed the problem that the volume window does not automatically retract after adjusting the volume in a low probability
- Fixed the problem that the status bar is displayed abnormally when entering the super power-saving mode
How To Check
Tap on the smartphone Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates. Download!
Note: Before upgrading to the latest version make sure your smartphone is connected with a proper internet connection, we recommend you to download it over WIFI so that you will not face any error.