AMD today released the Radeon Adrenaline 21.7.2 graphics driver, which supports the game Chernobylite, and Vulkan has also made some improvements. AMD Radeon 21.7.2 graphics card driver also has some bugs. For example, when RX 500 series graphics cards are playing games and streaming videos at the same time, the driver may not respond.
In addition, when multiple monitors are connected in extended mode, DirectX 11 games such as PUBG may crash.
The handful of bug fixes included in this driver are these:
- Game Compatibility advisor in AMD Radeon™ Software may incorrectly advise some users their CPU and/or GPU do not meet the minimum requirements to play some games. If some users are still experiencing this issue, reinstall or upgrade your driver and perform a factory reset. Learn more from AMD here on performing a factory reset.
- If a Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in.
- Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon™ VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- A Blue or Black screen may be observed after updating to the latest Radeon™ Software when core isolation is enabled.
Known issues to keep an eye out for are as follows:
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- Users may experience difficulties ending a recording session on Open Broadcaster Software™ when recording in H265/HEVC codec on some AMD
- Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800XT.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon™ RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.