As Apple announced at the California Call event on September 14, the public release of iOS 15 will be on Monday, September 20. iPadOS 15, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15 will arrive on the same day, and the release date of macOS 12 Monterey has not yet been announced. Although we know that iOS 15 will arrive on September 20, Apple did not specify on which day it will be released. However, we can make an educated guess about the release time.
The most frequent time for Apple software releases is around 10 a.m. Pacific time. In some parts of the world, this is equivalent to the early morning of the next day, and Apple’s regional websites in some of these countries list the release date as September 21 instead of September 20.
Based on this information, iOS 15 is likely to be released at around 10 am Pacific time (Monday), September 20. Regarding the local time in your area, we have compiled a list covering major cities in most time zones in the world.
Check the time list:
- Honolulu, Hawaii – 7:00 AM Pacific Time
- Anchorage, Alaska-9:00 AM Alaska Daylight Time
- Cupertino, California – 10 a.m. Pacific time
- Phoenix, Arizona-10:00 AM EDT
- Vancouver, Canada-10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Denver, Colorado-Mountain Daylight Time at 11:00 AM
- Dallas, Texas-12:00 noon U.S. Central Time
- New York City, New York-1:00 PM EST
- Toronto, Canada-1:00 PM Eastern Time
- Halifax, Canada-2:00pm EST
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil-2:00pm Brasilia Standard Time
- London, UK-6:00pm Beijing time
- Berlin, Germany-7pm Central European Summer Time
- Paris, France-7pm Central European Standard Time
- Cape Town, South Africa-7:00 pm South Africa Standard Time
- Moscow, Russia-8:00pm Moscow Standard Time
- Helsinki, Finland-Eastern European Summer Time at 8:00 PM
- Istanbul, Turkey-8:00pm Turkish time
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates-still play time at 9:00 pm
- Delhi, India-10:30pm Indian Standard Time
- Jakarta, Indonesia-12:00 AM the next day Western Indonesia Time
- Shanghai, China-1:00 AM the next day Beijing time
- Singapore-1:00 AM the next day Singapore time
- Perth, Australia-1:00 AM the next day Western Australian Standard Time
- Hong Kong, China – 1:00 am the next day Hong Kong time
- Seoul, South Korea – 2:00 AM the next day, Korean time
- Tokyo, Japan-2:00 AM the next day Japan Standard Time
- Adelaide, Australia – 2:30 AM the next day, Central Australian Standard Time
- Sydney, Australia-3:00 a.m. the next day, Eastern Australian Standard Time
- Auckland, New Zealand-5:00 a.m. the next day, New Zealand Standard Time
Apple sometimes releases software updates close to 1 pm Pacific time, but this is inconsistent with the information on Apple’s India website, which is designated to be released on September 20, so the release time needs to be determined before 11:30 am Pacific time.
iOS 15 is compatible with the same iPhone as iOS 13 and iOS 14, including old devices such as the original iPhone SE and iPhone 6s. The iOS 15 compatible devices are listed below:
- iPhone 12 and 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPadOS 15 is compatible with all the same devices that can run iPadOS 13 and iPadOS 14, including.
- All iPad Pro models
- iPad (fifth generation and newer)
- iPad mini (fourth generation and newer)
- iPad Air (third generation and newer)
- iPad Air 2
watchOS 8 can be installed on Apple Watch Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, and Series 6 models, as well as Apple Watch SE. It is not compatible with the original first-generation Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple Watch Series 2.
tvOS 15 is designed to run on Apple TV 4K (first and second generation) and Apple TV HD (originally called fourth-generation Apple TV). It is not compatible with earlier versions of Apple TV because these models do not support tvOS.