Google has announced the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. The two new top smartphones have a new design and a new chipset of their own making. Now what are the similarities between the two phones, and what are the differences? Which one is the best to buy? You’ll find out in this equation.
|Google Pixel 6 Pro||Google Pixel 6|
|Dimensions and weight:||163.9 x 75.8 x 8.9mm, 210 grams||160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2mm, 207 grams|
|Housing||Gorilla Glass Victus (Front & Back), IP68 Certificate||Gorilla Glass Victus (Front & Back), IP68 Certificate|
|Screen:||6.71-inch AMOLED Full HD (1440 x 3120 pixels), 19.5:9, 512 ppi, 120 Hz, 89.0% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10+||6.4-inch AMOLED Full HD (1080 x 2340 pixels), 20:9, 411 ppi, 90 Hz, 83.5% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10+|
|Processor:||Google Tensor (5nm)||Google Tensor (5nm)|
|Random access memory:||12GB LPDDR5 RAM||8GB LPDDR5 RAM|
|Storage Memory:||128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1||128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1|
|Rear cameras:||50 MP wide angle camera (PDAF, OIS), 48 MP telephoto camera with 4x optical zoom (PDAF, OIS), 12 MP ultra wide angle camera||50MP wide-angle camera (PDAF, OIS), 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera|
|Video:||4K 30/60fps, 1080p 30/60/120/240fps, Gyro-EIS||4K 30/60fps, 1080p 30/60/120/240fps, Gyro-EIS|
|Battery:||5000 mAh, 30 watt fast charge, 23 watt wireless charge, reverse charge, USB PD 3.0||4600 mAh, 30 watt fast charge, 21 watt wireless charge, reverse charge, USB PD 3.0|
|Android version:||android 12||android 12|
|Extras:||5G, Sub 6, mmWave, in-screen fingerprint scanner||5G, Sub 6, mmWave, in-screen fingerprint scanner|
|Colors:||Sorta Sunny, Cloudy White, Stormy Black||Kinda Coral, Sorta Seafoam, Stormy Black|
|Recommended retail price:||899/999 euros||649/… euros|
Comparison: Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
The Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are high-end phones that differ from each other not only in price but also in specifications. In this article, we list them all for you so that you can find out which Pixel suits you best.
Similarities Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- Google has specially designed a Tensor chipset for the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. This chipset is equipped with special functions for the camera and speech recognition.
- In the horizontal camera strip on the back of the Pixel 6 are two cameras that the Pixel Pro also has. Those are the 50MP wide-angle camera and the 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera. The first has a larger sensor that can collect more light. This makes photos taken in poorly lit areas stand out better. With the ultra-wide-angle camera, you can capture extra images in a photo. Another similarity is the 12 MP selfie camera.
Software & Updates
- The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro both run on the brand new Android 12. So they have the new privacy features, the ability to take long screenshots, improved haptic feedback, and improved effects and animations. In this article, you can read everything about the new features of this Android version. The Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro can count on security updates for five years and are equipped with four new Android versions.
- Google has redesigned the Pixel 6 series and although the Pixel 6 is slightly smaller than the Pixel 6 Pro, the design is similar. Both have a horizontal camera strip on the back, a hole in the top center of the screen for the selfie camera and an IP68 certificate. This allows them to survive to a depth of 1.5 meters for at least half an hour. The phones have an aluminum frame and the front and back are reinforced with Gorilla Glass Victus.
- The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro both have an in-screen optical fingerprint scanner. So you can unlock the phone with your finger on the screen.
Not available in the Netherlands
- The Google Pixel 6 series is again not for sale in the Netherlands and Belgium. You can go to only eight countries, including France, Germany and the United Kingdom. If you want to buy the Pixel 6, you can do so via the Google Store in these countries or move to the gray channel and other providers.
Differences Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- The Google Pixel 6 differ in a number of areas and the screen is one of them. The Pixel 6 Pro has a 6.71-inch AMOLED screen and the Pixel 6’s AMOLED screen is slightly smaller at 6.4 inches. The display of the Pixel 6 Pro has a refresh rate of 120Hz, making images look smooth. The Pixel 6 comes with a refresh rate of 90Hz.
- Google Pixel 6: 6.4 inch AMOLED screen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 90Hz
- Google Pixel 6 Pro: 6.71 inch AMOLED display, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 120Hz
- You buy the Pixel 6 Pro, among other things, because it has a telephoto camera with 4x optical zoom. This allows you to get an object up to 4x closer without loss of quality. The Pixel 6 does not have this camera.
- The Pixel 6 Pro has a 5000 mAh battery and that of the Pixel 6 is slightly smaller with 4600 mAh. Both phones can be charged wirelessly, although the Pro version does that slightly faster.
- Obviously, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro differ in price, while the memory configurations are similar. Below you will find a complete overview of all variants.
- Buy Google Pixel 6 (8 GB + 128 GB) – Google Store DE – 649 euros
- Buy Google Pixel 6 (8 GB + 256 GB) – Google Store DE – … euros
- Buy Google Pixel 6 Pro (12 GB + 128 GB) – Google Store DE – 899 euros
- Buy Google Pixel 6 Pro (12 GB + 256 GB) – Google Store DE – 999 euros
- As you can see, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are similar in more ways than they are different from each other. Yet it is precisely those differences that ensure that you can make a better choice. There is one that can zoom in far with a telephoto camera without too much loss of quality. Do you want this? Then you go for the Pixel 6 Pro. Are you looking for a smaller Pixel phone and would you rather spend less? Then the Pixel 6 is a good choice.