Microsoft released Edge 95 to the stable channel yesterday. As the latest update in the four-week release cycle, it does not bring any gorgeous new features but focuses on improvements in energy efficiency mode and PDF experience. The former can be used as a powerful supplement to the Sleeping Tabs function to further refine the resource management of the notebook computer, thereby extending battery life.
It is reported that this function will be automatically activated when the notebook computer enters the power-saving mode. Of course, you can also make it always on, or enable it when the external power supply is disconnected. Then there are many improvements in the PDF experience, for example, you will be able to continue browsing where you left off when you reopen the PDF document. And the web browser has added support for the free form text box and can add comments to the PDF document.
Edge 95 also brings adaptation to Windows for the menu/right-click operation in the browser Fluent design elements (including rounded corners) 11 for, and improves the experience of collecting, downloading, and password management.
The following is the update log of this Edge 95 update:
- You can view the SharePoint Online library in Microsoft Edge in File Explorer.
- By default, the file URL link in the intranet zone is opened in the Windows File Explorer.
- Introduce improvements to the download experience of PWA applications and WebView, and support drag and drop to the desktop or file explorer.
- Can continue to browse the progress of the last PDF document/document comments can add a free-form text box.
- The energy efficiency mode can further extend the battery life of the notebook with the power saving mode enabled.
- Add citation support for favorites.
- Ability to update your password faster with fewer clicks.
- Allow users to automatically create online accounts with one click, providing additional support for the registration page.
Finally, if you are not sure whether you have updated to Edge 95 (PC / Mac stable version), you can click “Settings and others (…) -> Help and feedback -> About Microsoft Edge” in the upper right corner of the window to perform it manually.