Like all smartphone manufacturers, Xiaomi also has its own customized interface, the MIUI which is among the most popular in the sector due to the high possibility of customization offered to the user. Inside it boasts a series of pre-installed applications, which allow the user to perform the most varied operations with his own terminal. In the continuous path of growth and improvement, an update for the Gallery app is now being rolled out, introducing a handy new feature.
Xiaomi introduces the protective watermark in the Gallery
Thanks to the xiaomiui Telegram channel, we have the opportunity to view the improvements made by the Chinese giant to its Galleria application. The most important change is the introduction of the possibility of inserting the protective watermark in a document. In fact, MIUI integrates the document scanning functionality within it, offering its users the ability to take a photo and directly transform the framed sheet into a pdf file.
Thanks to the update that brings the app to version 126.96.36.199 it is possible to add a watermark to the text, in order to preclude the possibility of sharing the file if it is not allowed. To use the new function, once you have opened the desired document, just go to the “Other” button at the bottom right and then to “Protection watermark”.
In addition to this interesting news, the update changelog reads:
- Added custom ID card protection watermarks to protect your identity and private information.
- Added a media type search tool to help locate your photos more easily.
- Added display of photos taken nearby when tapping an image in the Map view of Photos.
- Optimized photo list layout to improve viewing efficiency. Allowed users to pinch to zoom in on images and videos.
- Includes bug fixes and performance improvements for the Gallery.
Xiaomi has not yet started the official release phase of the update, however, the APK has been extracted from a Chinese build and, if you do not want to wait for the notification on your smartphone, you can download the file directly from APKMirror by following this link.