FydeOS is an operating system based on the Chromium OS open source project. It does not require Google services, can create a local account to log in, has a complete desktop version of the Chromium browser, and is compatible with Android programs through container technology. A Linux program with a GUI, a cloud-driven operating system for the future.
join us on telegram
According to the FydeOS innovation release, the FydeOS v14 milestone update has been released, bringing a number of improvements.
- Chromium browser updated to 96.0.4664. Chromium OS platform updated to 14268.69.14. Synchronized all new features of upstream browsers and operating system platforms
- Optimized the experience of the system’s first startup activation wizard (OOBE)
- Further, optimize the user experience of Zhenwenyun Input Method:
- Fixed an issue where the soft keyboard could not be used to select characters in tablet mode
- Added support for the “Microsoft Shuangpin” solution
- Added support for Cangjie input method
- Added the ability to scan documents in the “Camera” program
- Added a switch to enable Widevine module support in “FydeOS Settings”
- Further, optimize the kernel and system stability
- Dark mode toggle (experimental feature)
- App Launcher (experimental feature)
FydeOS v14 has upgraded the architecture of the Android subsystem. If you have configured Open GApps in the previous version, the OTA upgrade will cause the entire Android subsystem to fail to work. This is a known phenomenon, which can be repaired by running the Open GApps installer and selecting the Repair Android Subsystem option and restarting, and then the Android subsystem can be restored.