Since its debut in the sixth generation Pokémon games, the mechanics of Friendship have continued to improve becoming an integral part of the Game Freak experiences. This feature, which plays a fundamental role in specific evolutions, is also present in the new Pokémon Legends: Arceus, but how exactly does it work?
Once mission number 28 has been completed, players can return to Negishi (Jubilant Village) in search of an opinion on the relationship with their Pokémon. Each judgment expressed by the NPC – which we remember being in the area called Pasture – is equivalent to a different Friendship value ranging from 0 to 255. Specifically, this is what Negishi’s dialogue lines correspond to.
- Friendship 0 to 59: Doesn’t seem used to being with you yet. Maybe you just met?
- The friendship between 50 and 89: I feel you are well on your way to making a good friendship!
- The friendship between 100 and 149: Yes, yours is a beautiful friendship! But I feel you still have a long way to go!
- The friendship between 150 and 199: You are really good friends! You can see that you are really good together!
- The friendship between 200 and 254: The friendship that binds you is incredibly strong!
- Friendship at 255: Oooh! Your friendship is second to none! When you are together, you are happy, it is evident!
How do I increase friendship in Pokémon Arceus Legends?
While exploring Hisui, the ancient region that is the backdrop to the Nintendo Switch exclusive, players can count on various activities to strengthen the bond with their partners. In this regard, here are the most effective methods to increase the Friendship that binds you to each of the captured Pokémon.
- Fighting Together: Winning a battle, as well as gaining levels by earning EXP points, increases the Friendship that binds you to the monsters in use.
- Collect objects: employing your Pokémon during exploration, in order to obtain materials from the surrounding environment, increases the affinity that binds you to them.