If you have an Android phone, you will soon receive fresh updates for the Play services and the Google Play Store. As is almost common now, the Google system updates will be extended again a few days after the first rollout.
A few new points can be found in the changelog for April 2022, which we offer you below in a completely new version. Google is therefore also rolling out new app updates for the Play Store and Play services – each on April 12.
Critical bug fixes
- [Car, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for security and privacy, as well as system administration and diagnostic services.  
- [Car, Phone, Tablet, TV] Introduced new settings and notifications for data encrypted on the device to improve password security. 
- [Car, Phone] With updates to the Google Account design, you can observe an improved user interface – clearer and easier to understand. 
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature so gamers can start playing mobile games, while app download further reduces wait times. 
- New features to help you discover your favorite apps and games. 
- Optimizations that allow for faster and more reliable download and installation. 
- New features for the Play Pass and Play Points programs. 
- Google Play billing improvements. 
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to protect your device. 
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility. 
- Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, stability, security, and update ability.  
- New developer capabilities for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, accessibility, analytics and diagnostics, and machine learning and AI, as well as security and privacy-related developer services in their apps. 
- Available through Google Play system update for April.
- Available through Google Play services v22.12 updated on 04/12/2022.
- Available through Google Play Store v30.1 updated on 04/12/2022.