Telegram is about to launch the long-rumored Telegram Premium package to boost its revenue. Although an official announcement is yet to come, a leak has revealed the upcoming premium features and price tag.
The official Telegram Beta channel now has all the details about the premium subscription, although it doesn’t allow registration yet. Here’s a list of additional value-added services that Telegram premium users will get for $4.99 per month:
- Relaxed restrictions: supports up to 1000 channels, 20 chat folders, 10 pins, 4 accounts (in one app), 200 pins within folders, 20 public links for channels and groups, 10 favorite stickers, and 400 GIFs.
- 4GB single file upload: Telegram currently allows uploads of files up to 2GB in size.
- More symbols in bio: Use 140 characters in bio instead of the default 70.
- Longer descriptions: Use longer descriptions for uploaded photos and videos.
- Faster Downloads: Unlimited download speeds for media and files.
- Speech-to-text: Telegram Premium will provide automatic transcription of voice messages.
- No Ads: No more ads in public channels.
- Unique Reaction Emotes: Provides additional animated reactions to chat entries.
- Premium Stickers: Exclusive magnified stickers with extra effects, updated monthly.
- Advanced Chat Management: Tools to set default folders, auto-archive and hide new chats from non-contacts.
- Profile badge: The badge next to the name shows the subscriber as a paid Telegram supporter.
- Animated profile pictures: Animated avatars in chat lists and chat history increase opportunities for self-expression.
- Advanced app icons: Telegram’s app icons can be selected on the home screen.
There is no information on when Telegram plans to launch Telegram Premium, but it seems that now that the price and feature list are out, I believe that the launch of the subscription service will soon become a reality.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.