ColorOS officially announced that OPPO A96 5G, OnePlus 9RT 5G, OnePlus 7 series & OnePlus 7T series officially received the ColorOS 12 upgrade public beta recruitment. According to reports, the eligible OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus 7 series, and 7T series will launch the ColorOS 12.1 public beta version on June 23.
Ways of Registration
- Please make sure that the phone version has been upgraded to the basic version (version number viewing method: Settings > About phone > Version information > Version number)
- OnePlus 7 Pro：HydrogenOS 188.8.131.52.GM57 及 HydrogenOS 184.108.40.206.GM57
- OnePlus 7：HydrogenOS 220.127.116.11.GM21 及 HydrogenOS 18.104.22.168.GM21
- OnePlus 7T：HydrogenOS 22.214.171.124.HD65
- OnePlus 7T Pro：HydrogenOS 126.96.36.199.HD01
- OnePlus 9RT 5G ColorOS A.13 and above
Recruitment time: June 22nd – June 23rd 15:00
- Recruitment conditions: Screening will be comprehensively considered based on the answers to the questionnaires and the performance of the community and other platforms.
- Review and version push time: The review will be completed within 5 working days after the reservation application; the version will be pushed in batches within 3 working days after the review is completed.
Judging from the previously announced ColorOS 12 upgrade list, there are still many models that will receive the official version upgrade this month.
Official version upgrade plan
- 28 June 2022: Reno Ace, Reno 10x Zoom, Reno Ace Gundam, Reno Barcelona Custom
- 29 June 2022: A36
It should be noted that the public beta display time is the opening time of the public beta recruitment, not the version push time. The version push time of different models is different. The public beta version focuses on the early experience of functions. The version may have stability problems, but it can meet the needs of daily use. Please save important personal data before upgrading.
- How to check the version number: Settings > About Phone > Version Information > Version Number
- How to apply: Settings > About this machine > Top version information > Settings button in the upper right corner > Early adopter application > Official version application
The official also stated that this upgrade will not clear user data, but it is recommended to back up important personal data in advance before the upgrade. It should be noted that since some third-party applications are not compatible with Android 12, there may be situations where third-party applications cannot be used normally after the upgrade (such as flashback, freeze, black screen, power consumption, etc.) The store tries to update the app to the latest version.
In addition, within two days after the upgrade, a series of adaptation and optimization actions will be performed in the background of the system, which may cause the phone to become hot, freeze, and consume power quickly. OPPO recommends that users restart the phone after the screen is off and charge for 2 hours after the upgrade, or it will recover by itself after a period of normal use.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.