Android was trimmed to a modular structure several years ago, which has been further expanded with each version. This opened the door to being able to update individual components separately and completely independently of each other.
With the Google System Updates, which are now being rolled out almost weekly, surprising new features are being brought to all smartphones and tablets these days. The focus is on account security and password management.
Google System Updates is a relatively new line of updates consisting of operating system components that can be updated directly from the Play Store. Previously, this was known internally as “Project Mainline” and the changes were only publicly communicated in exceptional cases. But with the new name, transparency has also been increased and detailed information on the individual improvements is provided several times a month.
The Google System Updates are independent of the Google Play Services updates and the updates via the Google Play Store. While the system updates are actually related to the operating system, the play services are responsible for the essay and framework.
The Google Play Store updates the apps used by the user and is thus at the top of the now three-tiered update pyramid. Nevertheless, most of the updates in what is now the fourth round of June relate to improvements in the Google Play Store – as they do almost every month.
Here are the details of the last update round in June. These carry the date of June 27th and extend the first three rounds with updates for the Google password manager as well as another layer of security for account security. The password manager can now also be accessed via URL and there are warnings about possible security problems. This was definitely the last update for this month.
- [Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for account management, safety & emergency, and system management & diagnostics related services.
- [Phone, Tablet] Enabled Google account-related critical security alerts within Google apps.
- [Phone, Tablet, TV] Add support for storing and sharing Thread network credentials.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
Security & Privacy
- [Phone] Support for shortcuts to the Password Manager.
- [Phone] The Google password manager can now be accessed through a URL.
- [Phone] Updated Sync UI System with the latest Google Material design.
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability & performance.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, and developer features related to developer services in their apps.
 Available through Google Play system update for June.
 Available through Google Play services v22.18 updated on 06/27/2022
 Available through Google Play Store v30.3 updated on 06/27/2022.
 Available through Google Play services v22.21 updated on 06/27/2022.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.