After announcing their plan to re-create the Gmail interface in February earlier this year, Google is now broadly rolling out the new Gmail UI for all users. The new interface included dedicated tabs for Mail, Chat, Spaces, and Meet in the left sidebar, so many users might searching for that to be very irritating.
It will be distracting to find those extra tabs, you will be happy to know there is an option to disable them. Here are some details that how you can remove Chat and Meet tabs from Gmail on Android, iPhone, and the web.
Steps to remove chat and meet from Google sidebar:
Enable or disable the new Gmail UI
- First open the Gmail website and tap on the top right corner of the screen then click the setting gear icon.
- When the quick settings panel turns up, enable the new Gmail interface and then tap on “Try out the new Gmail view”.
- Wait for the confirmation prompt when it will appear on the screen to enable the new Gmail view press on Reload option.
- Now you will see the new Gmail UI with devote tabs for Chat, Spaces, Meet, and Mail on the left sidebar.
Steps for disabling spaces and chats from the Gmail sidebar:
- Open Gmail’s go-to quick setting page and move to the top-right corner and tap on the setting gear icon.
- To access Gmail setting page tap on the see all setting option.
- When we are on the Gmail setting page click the top navigation bar to disable Chat and Spaces and then shift to the chat and meet page.
- In this step select the radio button off next to chat and then tap save changes, in the new UI this will help you to remove both Chats and Spaces from Gmail’s sidebar.
How to remove Meet from the Gmail side menu:
- To access the quick setting page on the Gmail website click the setting gear icon.
2. To expand the Gmail setting tap on see all settings.
3. To find the settings to disable Meet in Gmail go-to the top navigation bar and then click on the chat and meet.
4. If you want to hide the Meet section from the main menu option then toggle and click save changes.
After changes, You will no longer find the Google Meet button in Gmail’s left sidebar.
If you want to disable chats and spaces In Gmail App (Android and iPhone) then you have to follow some basic steps :
1. In the Gmail mobile app to remove Chat and Spaces from the bottom navigation bar, go to the top-left corner of the screen, and choose “Settings” after that tap the hamburger option.
2. choose the email account for which you want to disable the Chat feature and disable the “Chat” checkbox under “General” settings.
Some basic steps for removing Meet from Gmail mobile App (Android & iPhone)
1. In the Gmail mobile app if you want to remove the Google Meet section, first access the settings. click the hamburger menu at the top-left corner and select “Settings” at the bottom.
2. In this step select the email account for which you want to erase the Meet tab and then disable the “Show the Meet tab for video calling” dropdown.
And in the Gmail mobile app, you will no longer find the Meet tab.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.