Discord Server helps you to manage your server, it allows you to create custom roles and authorize them to your server members.
We would like to thank the server which allows the moderation power for their trusted members.
The content of the server can be moderated by the members which will help to make your schedule easy and will let you know in detail the next step the how to do that.
If you must be the owner or admin on the server then you can create a role, If regularly you can use the server you cant create and assign the role.
In The Discord Server Assign The Role To Users
On desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) create a discord server role:
- Go to the top left corner and open the Discord Server tap on the server name. then what till pop up menu appears after that choose the server setting option.
- From the left sidebar switch to roles and click on to create role option in the right pane to create a new role for the Discord Server, follow these steps only in that situation when you are on the server setting page.
- Click on the right pane from the display, and select the color, icon, and role’s name if you want to boost your server to Level 2 then select the required role icon for that.
- In the next step move to the permission, section manages all the permission which is required or compulsory in the role you creating for users.
- Once you have completed then tap on the change to confirm the changes.
- Now for your Discord Server, you have created a new role successfully.
Assign Discord Server Role On Desktop For (Windows, Linux, Mac) :
- Follow all two steps carefully then create an outline for access to your server’s role settings, when you are on the server setting page then click on the role you just created and tap on the member count option.
- In the second step if you want to view all the list of server members and assign the role on the basis of a list then press the add member option.
- To select specific members you can also use the search box option.
- Select the member whom you want to add to the role and tap on the add button.
- Now you can view the role of the selected members, go to the channel tap on the right sidebar now easily mark the cursor over their name.
It’s compulsory: Once you’ve assigned a certain role to specific users, then select to create a secret channel in voice or text that’s convenient only to users with that server role.
On Mobile (Android and iOS) Create a Discord Server Role:
- Go to the top-right corner open your Discord server and click the vertical three dots menu. wait to show until the pop-up appears, and select “Settings” to see Discord settings.
- To create a new role Choose the “Roles” under “User Management” and press the floating action button.
- To create a server role in Discord configure the color, permission, and role name and click on the save option.
On Mobile (Android and ios) Assign Discord Server Role:
- Tap on the server setting and click members under user management, wait until the member list show, and then to assign a new role click on the member list.
- Select the role you created and keep it checked. while configuring the role with all the benefits you have added.
- Now the member will have a new role.
Perk: To Use Bot Discord give roles automatically:
This facility is also available if you want to add a Discord bot to your server to know about members and then self-assign roles for server management, You can use any of the Discord bots for this, Below using the MEE6 bot we have established this feature.
- Enable the “Reaction roles” plugin from the bot’s dashboard and then add the MEE6 bot to your Discord server.
- To create a new one open the reaction roles section and tap on “New reaction role”.
- To pick an emoji and a corresponding role scroll down and press “Add reaction” when they tap the emoji members will get the associated role.
- In this step now give the name of the role, select the channel find where the MEE6 bot should send the role selection message, and modify the call to action message.
- Once completed publishing the reaction role then press the “Save & Close” option.
- You can view the associated Discord channel with emoji that appears in the MEE6 bot’s message.
Moderate your Discord Server Make and set Roles
So these steps will help you to create and assign roles on Discord.