It’s not only important even required every time to be able to run the latest and updated version of the software. We recently aware you of the new operating system for devices that are no longer supported by their original operating system.
With the upcoming stable launch of Chrome OS Flex, they will automatically upgrade Cloud Ready users across all editions to Chrome OS Flex with the standard background update processes. Chrome OS Flex will no longer have separate editions. All Cloud Ready devices will update to the same new Chrome OS Flex image.
How to Update Chrome OS Flex – Follow These Steps
- Power up the Chrome OS Flex device and ensure that it is connected to the internet via the Ethernet or WiFi network.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, you will see the shelf. Tap on it to bring the app drawer then Settings.
- Tap on About Chrome OS.
- On the right side, you will see the current version of the OS.
- A Check for Updates button is present on the right. Tap on it.
- The device OS will now check for any updates if available.
- If updates are found it will download them right away.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, you will be asked to restart the device to finish installing the latest update on your Chrome OS Flex device.