Microsoft today released the Windows 10 version Build 19044.1862 (KB5015878) update to the Windows 10 Release Channel, adding the new Focus Assistant to allow receiving emergency notifications when turned on, and restoring Windows Autopilot deployments affected by hardware reuse security mitigations Program features.
Also includes improvements in input-output operations per second (IOPS) performance, improved reliability of button resets after operating system upgrades and more.
This update includes the following improvements:
- New function! Provides the ability to receive emergency notifications when Focus Assistant is on.
- New function! Restored functionality for Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios affected by hardware reuse security mitigations. This update removes the self-deployment mode (SDM) and provisioned (PP) one-time-use restrictions. This update also re-enables any User Principal Name (UPN) display in User Driven Mode (UDM) deployments for approved manufacturers.
- Reduced resource contention overhead in high input/output operations per second (IOPS) scenarios where many threads are competing on a single file.
- Improved reliability of one-key reset after OS upgrade.
- Fixed an issue that would make the tenant restricted event logging channel inaccessible if the user deletes the EN-US language pack.
- Fixed an issue preventing the troubleshooter from opening.
- Updated Remove-Item cmdlet to interact correctly with Microsoft OneDrive folders.
- Fixed an issue that caused some docking stations to lose internet connectivity when waking up from sleep mode.
- Added the ability to cache additional audio endpoint information to improve the OS upgrade experience.
- Fixed an issue that could cause continuous video clip playback to fail in games using DX12.
- Fixed an issue affecting some games playing sound effects using the XAudio API.
- Fixed an issue that caused container port mapping conflicts.
- Fixed an issue that caused Code Integrity to continue to trust files after they were modified.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Windows to stop working when Windows Defender Application Control is enabled with the Smart Security Graph feature enabled.
- Fixed an issue affecting the height of the search box when using multiple monitors with different resolutions (dots per inch (DPI)).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Storage Migration Service (SMS) from completing inventory on servers with many shares. Error event 2509 is logged in Microsoft-Windows-StorageMigrationService / Admin channel (ErrorId=-2146233088 / ErrorMessage=”Invalid table id”).
- Fixed an issue that caused the Windows Profile Service to occasionally fail. Failures may occur when logging in. The error message is “gpsvc service failed to sign in. Access denied”.