EA Sports and Codemasters have released F1 22 Patch 1.06 for all platforms. Thanks to the update, among other things, the times of the sectors are now highlighted in the correct colors and various problems have been solved, such as the barriers loosening on the Baku circuit.
As stated in the official notes of Patch 1.06, the performance of the single-seaters has also been updated to reflect the trend of the real season as faithfully as possible.
For the rest, a long series of more and less known problems have been corrected, such as the temperature of the tires that was reset by pausing the game in online modes and a bug whereby the grip on the track could decrease between a qualifying session and the other one. Below is the list of all the changes of Patch 1.06 of F1 22:
- The performance of the F1 22 cars has been updated to better reflect the real season. All F1 Time Trial rankings have been reset following this change.
- The wear rate of the internal combustion engine and MGU-H has been reduced to be less compromising when using the automatic transmission.
- The time indicators in the sector now show the expected colors upon completion of the lap.
- Improved AI logic in and out of the pits.
- Fixed an issue where tire temperatures were reset after pausing the game in online game modes.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the Safety Car in TV mode could be overtaken by all AI-controlled cars, resulting in a mass disqualification.
- Fixed an issue where upgrades to staff facilities did not apply to pilots.
- Fixed an issue where track grip could decrease between qualifying sessions.
- Fixed an issue where the player could crash into Baku Turn 15 when under AI control on a Quick Lap.
- Fixed an issue with Tecpro barriers loosening in Baku.
- Now you can apply color to decals and sponsor logos from a predefined slot. General stability improvements.
- Various small fixes.
- Marc will now correctly quote the names of the classic drivers.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong graphics card could be chosen when launching the game, causing a possible crash.
- The game now loads properly when using Intel graphics cards (subject to minimum specs and models).
- Network session lookups have been adjusted so that NM14 errors are less likely.
- AI icon removed from the timesheet during the safety car in television mode.
- Fixed Kevin Magnussen’s eye color.
- Collisions are now correctly reported in UDP data.
Career for two players
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, players could not advance past contract negotiations in the Two Player Career.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck after a season break in Two Player Career.
- It is now easier to hear when F1 cars hit rock bottom.
- Improved mix and audio performance for tire wear and slip.
- Added new audio for the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series.
- Fixed an issue where the Race Engineer could incorrectly quote Racing Point in place of Aston Martin.
- Fixed an issue where headphones could not be selected as a radio output device on PlayStation 4/5
- Fixed an issue with force feedback with several compatible Logitech wheels (G920, G29 and G923).
- Fixed an issue where the speedometer LED lights did not work on the bases of Logitech steering wheels.
- LSB and RSB buttons added for Thrustmaster T248 / T128 racing wheels on Xbox.
- Improved performance when the Companion screen is set to full screen.
- Fixed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating.
- Fixed an issue with the Oculus Rift CV1 due to the default activation of Stencil Mesh.
- Changes to default settings to improve compatibility.
- Performance and graphics quality optimizations.
- Here you can find an in-depth article on changes to the driving model and force feedback.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.