The major inconvenience is to comparing Android and iOS is the strong customizability offered by Google’s mobile operating system. It is recently updated by Apple Inc. About the iOS 16 beta 4 versions that have been released to the developers for testing. It has upgraded the feature iOS 15 brought home screen customization to the iPhone, and iOS 16’s new beta version is now here with lock screen customization.
You can finally see more than just the clock and notifications on your iPhone lock screen with the help of widgets. So if you have installed the iOS 16 beta on your iPhone. Lock Screen Widgets have been the sole preserve of Android phones for a few years now, so it’s good to see that they will finally come to iPhones later this year when iOS 16 is released in the fall. You can customize the Lock Screen with unique fonts, colors, and, for the first time, widgets, providing you with glanceable information that you can check without having to open your iPhone’s Home Screen.
Widgets that can be placed below the time are more info-rich and include device battery levels, Calendar, Clock, Fitness, Home, News, Reminders, Stocks, and Weather.
You can add up to four square symbol-based widgets below the time, up to two rectangular widgets with more information, or alternatively a combination of two square widgets and one rectangular widget.
If you wanna know full detail about how we can Procurify to add Widgets to the iPhone Lock Screen (2022). To get started adding widgets, all you need to do is unlock your iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID, and then long press on the Lock Screen to enter the Lock Screen gallery then you need to follow certain steps are:
Adding Widgets to Your Lock Screen
- On the way, we are going to unlock your iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID, and don’t go to the home screen. Long-press on the lock screen wallpaper. Now, if you wish to customize the existing lock screen, tap the “Customize” button at the bottom. If you want to make a new lock screen and customize it to your liking, tap the blue “+” (plus) button at the bottom right.
- Next, tap on the empty rectangular box that appears below the clock on the lock screen to bring up the widgets panel.
- The widgets panel shows suggested widgets at the top, followed by a list of apps for which lock screen widgets are available in iOS 16 on your iPhone. Therefore, you have a variety of widgets for Apple’s native apps at your disposal at the moment, with more third-party widgets expected to arrive with the official release later this year.
- Now, there are two ways to add widgets to your iOS 16 lock screen on your iPhone. The easiest way to add widgets is by tapping on the specific widget, and it will appear in the lock screen widgets panel under the clock. So, find suitable widgets and tap on them.
- Now that you know how to add widgets to the lock screen, it is important to note that there’s a limitation to how many widgets you can include below the clock. Apple allows the following widget combinations on the lock screen – up to 4 square (1 x 1) widgets, 2 square (1 x 1) widgets, one rectangular (1 x 2) widget, and two rectangular (1 x 2) widgets.
- After you have customized the lock screen widgets to your liking, tap “Done” at the top right corner to confirm the changes.
In iOS 16, developers can create widgets for third-party apps using Apple’s new WidgetKit API, so expect plenty more Lock Screen widgets to come. Although this is not to discharge that this upcoming feature which is just introduced with the 4th version of beta iOS 16 is noticeable and came with significant ability.