Earlier users want to have a feature where they record the screen on Chromebook. Some available Chrome extensions do this job, but they are paid even for basic features. So, Google add this screen recording feature to the Chromebook back in 2020. Almost two years back this feature was available on a stable channel.
Since Google released a new Screencast app on Chrome OS, which provides advanced screen recording with support for annotation, webcam view, transcription, and more, to Chromebooks.
STEPS: To record Screen on your Chromebook
With Screen Capture:
- Open the “Quick Setting menu” in the bottom-right corner. You will see the “Screen capture” tile here, and you can click to open it. There is a shortcut also “Ctrl + Shift + Overview Key” to access the Screen Capture feature.
- At the bottom-bar menu, there is a Screen Capture feature. The “Video icon” help to switch the screen recording feature. On the right side, choose how you want to record — full-screen, partial, or active window.
- At last, click the “Record” button, and then your Chromebook starts recording the screen. There is no shutter sound when you start recording in all three modes and the quality was so good.
- Tap the “Settings” icon and turn on “Microphone” under “Audio input” to record your audio as well. And now, after the latest update, you can add your webcam view to screen recordings as well.
- If your recording is done, then just click on the stop icon in the taskbar. Your recorded video will be saved in WEBM format and the “Downloads” folder.
- By “Ctrl + Shift + Overview button” shortcut enables you to a new screen capture mode. This tool remembers the position of the last screenshot in partial mode, increasing productivity.
You can record the screen on a Chromebook with the help of Screencast. If your device was updated to Chrome OS 103, you will find it in the app drawer. It’s an advanced recording tool, this tool is useful for Teachers and students. You can make engaging lessons and demos with this tool.
- If your OS is updated to Chrome OS 103, then only you can record the screencast through Screencast. This is available in your App drawer.
- To start Recording tap on “New Screencast” in the top-left corner.
- Then, you can choose the full-screen area, window, or partial area to record the screen. You can turn On the Microphone and webcam from settings but by default it’s disabled.
- Tap the red icon to start the recording and click the “pen” icon for annotations, and you can change the webcam place also. Once your recording is done just tap on the “stop” button and place it on the Chrome OS Shelf.
- Your recording is stored in the Screencast app where you can review the transcript and edit it.
- If you can share your screen recording with a shareable link.
With audio device:
- First, you need to install the Nimbus Screen Recorder.
- Second, open the extension from the extension toolbar and click on “Record Video”.
- Select “Tab” at the bottom and enable “Record Tab Sound “. This is only available in Chrome Tabs and not on the desktop.
- Tap on “Start Record” and that’s it. Record with audio use chrome extension.
These are the three-way for screen recording on Chromebook.
If you like our news and want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.