According to the official report, Microsoft released the latest update to its PowerToys with version number 0.61.0 and this update included some notable changes and improvements. This update mainly focuses on stability and improvements. Below you can check the complete changelog.
- Upgrade Windows App SDK runtimes to 1.1.2.
- The new Windows 11 right-click menu entry is now correctly added to Windows 11 Dev Channel builds. (this is a patch for 0.60)
- Legacy right-click menu entries appear alongside new Windows 11 right-click menu entries for compatibility with software that overrides Windows 11 context menu behavior. (this is a patch for 0.60)
- Integrated C# language versions across solutions. Thanks, @davidegiacometti!
- Removed the deprecated Segoe icon glyph code and replaced it with the correct code. Thanks, @niels9001 and @Jay-o-Way!
- Fixed an issue that caused random accent keys to be pressed on certain keyboard layouts when certain modules were enabled.
Always on top
- Fixed border flickering issue when activated.
- Fixed a bug that caused Always on Top to activate and hang when exiting PowerToys.
- Fixed black edges appearing on rounded corners.
- Fixed a bug that caused 100% CPU consumption.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the layout from being applied correctly when many monitors reported having the same serial number. (this is a patch for 0.60)
- Fixed a bug that prevented layouts from being applied correctly on some virtual monitor settings (this is a patch for 0.60)
- The “Row” default layout is now applied to vertical monitors instead of the “Column” layout.
- Screen readers now announce dimension names instead of class names.
File browser plugin
- Fixed an issue when creating thumbnails for SVG files created with Inkscape.
- Adjusted wording on the editor when keys are orphaned.
- Fixed a bug that caused the current Find My Mouse spotlight to hang when activated in the upper left corner of the screen. (this is a patch for 0.60)
- The PowerRename window reacts to the current dpi when it is created.
- Fixed typo in WindowWalker plugin UI.
- Improve performance by saving search history files only on exit.
- PowerToys Run no longer displays results for some plugins when querying blanks in a global query.
- Added support for displaying localized names of some win32 programs in program plugins.
- Program plugins will now consider settings changed directly in ProgramPluginSettings.json.
- The PowerToys Run Settings page correctly grayed out the Score Adjustment settings when the plugin was not global.
- The PowerToys Run Plugin Score Adjustment field accepts numeric characters only.
- It will not work if launched directly from its executable, as it did before the WinUI 3 upgrade.
- Fixed typo in PowerToys Run settings page description.
- Removed dead code to make MSI x installers.
- Update .NET dependencies to 6.0.7.
- If the user manually deletes it, no new PowerToys shortcut will be created on the update.
PowerToys 0.61 comes with several known issues:
- After installing PowerToys, the new Windows 11 context menu entries for PowerRename and Image Resizer may not appear until the system restarts.
- There were reports that users were unable to open the Settings window. This is due to incompatibility with some applications (RTSS RivaTuner Statistics Server and MSI AfterBurner are known examples of this). If you are affected by this, please check the linked issues to verify if any of the solutions provided work for you.
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.