Microsoft today released the latest version update for the Windows 11 and Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux. This update goes official with version number v0.65.1 and also this update is only available for the preview members.
Microsoft WSL program manager Ben Hillis announced that WSL 0.65.1 is now available for all Windows Insider users.
- Improvements to localhost relay to have better performance and accurately report bind failures.
/dev/ptp0 to keep guest chock in sync with the host
- Improve the error message if the distro list can’t be fetched and wire it to
wsl.exe --list --online
- Update Linux kernel to 18.104.22.168
- Fix 9p filesystem regressions since the last v5.10 WSL2 kernel
- Enable support for the Precision Time Protocol (PTP) clock device
- Enable Retbleed mitigations in x86_64 builds
- Enable nftables and traffic control
- Enable VGEM driver
- Update Microsoft.WSLg to version 1.0.41
- WSLg: add default x11 bell sound
- WSLg: Update /etc/wsl.conf to set the default user to wslg
- WSLGd: add option to start weston under gdbserver
- WSLGd: simplify weston command line construction
- compositor: add wslgd-notify
- compositor: Stop trapping SIGINT
- compositor: load xwayland module last
- rdp: resize margin adjustment for MoveWindow/SnapArrange PDU
- rdpaudio: use pthread_cancel instead of pthread_kill
- xwayland: give Xwayland its own session
- xwayland: Don’t track focus for override redirect windows
If you like our news and you want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.