Every month one billion users actively use TikTok, from the United States, Canada, and Australia. The number of users will increase to 1.8 billion at the end of 2022. after Facebook and Instagram, TikTok is the most popular social media. People use this app for massive views and fame but if they don’t know pay attention to privacy and security setting they will face harassment and bullying. Tiktok also receives criticism for its aggressive data collection and risks of stalking and phishing. As per, the TikTok update, you should know how to use this application without worry with the help of some settings of privacy and security.
Get to know who views your profile:
- On TikTok, go to Profile and tap on the three-dash menu in the top right.
- Tap Settings and privacy and go into Privacy.
- Hit Profile views and toggle on Profile view history.
You can Block accounts on TikTok:
- First, find the account you want to block and go to their profile.
- Next, tap on the three-dot icon in the top right.
- Finally, hit the Block button in the small menu that appears and then hit Block again when prompted.
You can your TikTok account private:
- Go to Profile in the nav bar at the bottom of the page.
- Tap the three-dash menu in the top right.
- Hit Settings and privacy > Privacy.
- Toggle Private account to On.
Limit your others to download your TikTok videos:
- Go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy.
- Tap Downloads underneath the Interactions heading.
- Toggle Video downloads to Off.
You can Report irrelevant videos on TikTok:
- Account: Go to the account profile of the offending party, tap the three-dot icon in the top right, hit Report, and follow the instructions.
- Video: Long press on the video, tap Report and follow the instructions.
- Live: Long press on the live video, tap Report, and follow the instructions.
- Comment: Long press on the comment, tap Report, and follow the instructions.
- Direct Message: Long press on the message or messages, tap Report and follow the instructions.
Stop referencing your account to others:
- Go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy > Privacy
- Tap Suggest your account to others
- Toggle off all the options
Manage your TikTok comment section safe and healthy:
- Who can comment on your videos and Stories: Choose between all of your Followers, Followers that you also follow, or No one.
- Comment filters: You can choose to filter all comments, only spam and offensive comments or comments with certain keywords. All filtered comments will be hidden until you individually approve them.
- Comment management: Here is where you can review your filtered comments, choosing Approve or Delete to decide which comments will appear beneath your videos.
Restrict for tag and mention you on TikTok:
First, you’ll need to find the mentions and tags settings. Go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy > Privacy > Mentions and tags, and configure these settings:
- Who can tag you: Choose between Everyone, People you follow, People that follow you back, or No one.
- Who can mention you: Again, choose between Everyone, People you follow, People that follow you back, or No one.
To stop direct messages from strangers and stalkers on TikTok:
Go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy > Privacy > Direct messages, and change these settings:
- Who can send you direct messages: Choose between Followers that follow you back, People you sent messages to or No one.
- Message preference: If you toggle Filtered requests on, messages from people that TikTok suspects as being malicious or spammy will appear in your filtered requests until you reply to them.
You can choose Duet or Stitch your TikTok videos:
To do this, go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy > Privacy and then:
- Duet: Choose between Followers, Followers that follow back, or No one.
- Stitch: Choose between Followers, Followers that follow back, or No one.
Limit people to view your list and liked videos:
To stop others from viewing your following list or liked videos, go go to Profile > three-dash menu > Settings and privacy > Privacy and then:
- Following list: Choose between Followers or Only me.
- Liked videos: Choose between Followers or Only me.
On the web little carelessness take away your mind’s peace so, use web applications with knowledge and alertness. For entertainment and showing talent on this, TikTok is very good medium.
If you like our news and want to be the first to get notifications of the latest news, then follow us on Twitter and Facebook page and join our Telegram channel. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.