Some devices of Samsung are out of support from the software updates window and these devices are Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, and Galaxy S8 series. In May 2020 Galaxy S8 series received its last update of security patch level with Android 9 Pie. Now, Samsung released an OTA update that contains critical bug fixes like the GPS fix. You can download the latest OTA update for Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, and Note 8.
This update of firmware builds this G95xFXXUCDUD1 number for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Note 8, it builds the N950FOXMGDUG9 number. This update is based on the One UI 1.0 firmware and rolling out globally even in Asia and Europe along with Exynos processors. In the United States, it’s up to their Network carrier to roll out this same update.
The size of this OTA update is 417MB in size and it also included features April 2021 security patch level. This OTA update brings the GPS which everyone waited for so long. It also enhances system stability and various other improvements. The company fixes various security vulnerabilities as the Android OS is quite old for today’s standards.
You can download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung Severs and the steps are:
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S8 device and note down the model number like (SM-G950F/FD) for Galaxy S8. Refer to the table below.
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy iPhone from here. Also known as a region or product code. In this case, we are using INS for India and Android 9.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check the decrypt automatically box.
- Hit the check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
If you want to download the OTA, go to the settings>System Updates> and download the OTA updates manually.