Google recently released the Android 13-based October 2022 security patch update to its Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 5, Pixel 5 XL, Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices. This is the 2nd software update after Android 13.
According to the latest report, Google recently rolled out Android 13 Quarterly Platform Releases Beta 2 update for the Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6a. The Android 13 QPR1 update is a major quarterly update that aims to fix all kinds of bugs and is a first for Android 13.
Add Realmicentral to your Google News feed.
In this article, we will check the complete changes that made Google in Android 13 Quarterly Platform Releases Beta 2. Below you can check to compete for details.
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Slightly updated Security & Privacy settings
- Google continues to polish the new merged Security and Privacy settings page. Compared to the previous iteration (https://t.me/google_nws/2601), the settings section now has drop-down subsections for “device lock,” “updates,” and “privacy.” Previously, in fact, they were permanently expanded. This page is still not enabled by default.
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Updated Sound & Vibration dialog
- Corrupted in Android 12, the Sound & Vibration dialog has received an update. It is now located in the middle of the screen and looks like an Internet dialog.
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: “Clear Calling” has a new graphic and updated description
- Note: this feature isn’t available yet.
- Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: The system languages page has added an introductory description up top, a description underneath the preferred system language, and a link at the bottom to the new per-app language page.
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Battery statistics again show the charge since the last full charge
- In Android 12, Google changed the way battery statistics are displayed. The consumption was displayed for 24 hours, while the previous iteration was displayed from the last full charge (>90%). Now, you see the statistics from the last full charge again (left screenshot). But, as Mishaal Rahman discovered, there is a new ‘Daily battery usage chart’ feature. It may look like the screenshot to the right (via Ben Fisher)
- Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: There’s a new “show media on lock screen” toggle Under Settings > Sound & vibration > Media.
- Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Settings / Apps has added a new “App battery usage” option. It lets you see and set the battery usage setting for all installed apps.
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Battery Health received continuation, Fully working now
- The Battery Health functionality found within the Settings app has been moved to the Settings Services app (baked into the QPR1 Beta 2). It gives you an estimate of your battery capacity and offers tips on prolonging battery health. As Mishaal Rahman states, the Settings Services app baked into the QPR1 Beta 2 image is actually older than the latest publicly available one on Google Play/APKMirror, so he had to downgrade the app then install the one from the OS image in order to get this.
Activity name: com.google.android.settings.intelligence.modules.battery.impl.health.BHSettingsActivity
Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: Miscellaneous
- The media player’s progress bar dot has been swapped with a vertical line.
- Dark mode QS tile received an animated icon
- Settings app now supports Predictive Back Gesture
- Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2: The biometric fingerprint prompt got a tick confirmation animation. Earlier in Beta 1, this window got a transparent navigation bar.
You can also check the complete OTA links which are mentioned below.
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA