Dec 21/2022: Recently, some users reported that the after upgrading the Windows 11 latest cumulative updates of KB5021255 and KB5021234, major problems arose in the system. However, Microsoft did not react to this topic yet.
Dec 13/2022: Microsoft today released the latest software update for Windows 11 Insiders. The company released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.963 (KB5021255). The company added a few new known issues for some bugs that could impact Insiders and fixed so many things. You can check the complete changelog which is mentioned below.
Windows 11 Cumulative Build 22621.963 Release Notes:
- Storage alerts for OneDrive subscribers in Settings > System
- See the total OneDrive storage for your account in Settings > Account
- Windows Spotlight can be enabled from the Personalization page
And there are some bug fixes such as issues with opening apps, keyboard shortcut issues with the Input Method Editor, File Explorer stops working, and more.
Here are the official highlights:
- This update addresses a known issue that might affect Task Manager. It might display certain elements in the user interface (UI) in unexpected colors. Some parts of the UI might not be readable. This issue might occur if you have “Choose your mode” set to “Custom” in the Personalization > Colors section of Settings.
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5020044 (released November 29, 2022). When you install this KB:
- This update addresses an issue that might affect Data Protection Application Programming Interface (DPAPI) decryption. The decryption of a certificate’s private key might fail. Because of this, a virtual private network (VPN) and other 802.1 certificate-based authentications might fail. This issue might occur when you encrypt the DPAPI master key with the wrong value.