A helpful guide to taking lossless photos with your Pixel is provided here. Learn how to shoot RAW images with the Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro.
The excellent camera performance of Google Pixel phones is well-known. In addition, the Pixel series continues to improve in every way, particularly when it comes to the camera. The software, which optimizes the output of the camera images, deserves more credit than the hardware.
On Pixel phones, the Google Camera app is the default. It has a lot of features. However, most users only make use of some of its features. This is because users don’t want to change anything. After all, even the default camera settings produce good results.
The ability to take RAW photos is one of the most well-liked camera features on the Pixel, as it is on the majority of smartphones. When you take pictures with an Android phone’s camera, you can save them in one of two formats. Additionally, the majority of smartphones use JPEG as their default file format. The Google Pixel 7 is in the same situation.
With knowledge of both formats, JPEG is typically preferred. However, using the RAW file format makes perfect sense when you want a natural image that you can edit to your liking. In addition, you will learn how to switch between RAW and JPEG modes here.
The most effective method to take Crude Pictures on the Pixel 7 Series
You can quickly and easily choose the RAW format whenever you want if you have a Pixel phone or any other Pixel phone. JPEG+RAW photos are available on Google Pixel phones. Two photos will be saved in this format, one in RAW and the other in JPEG. It is comparable to Samsung phones. How to enable RAW on Google Pixel phones is as follows.
- Open the Camera app on your Pixel 7 phone.
- Make sure the Camera section is selected, and then tap the down arrow available on the top.
- You will find some quick camera settings and other options. Select More settings
- This will open all Camera Settings.
- Look for the Advanced option under general and open it.
- Now enable the RAW + JPEG control toggle. This toggle will add the RAW option in Quick settings.
- Go back to the Camera app and tap the down arrow once again to open Viewer/Quick settings.
- This time you will get one more option for RAW + JPEG.
- When you want to capture RAW photos, just select the RAW icon. And select the other icon when you don’t want to use RAW.
In other words, this is how to quickly switch the Google Pixel camera’s file format from JPEG to RAW.
RAW photos are saved in a separate folder called RAW when taken. And because it takes up a lot of space, you shouldn’t back up the RAW folder if you only have a limited amount of data or cloud storage space.
Lastly, now you can transfer your RAW photos to edit them from your choice of tool. RAW photos are like DNG images taken with a dedicated camera.