The first update of 2023 for Chromecast with Google TV is in distribution, according to what the overseas colleagues of 9To5Google report: it is also the first update in seven months. The build is marked with the code STTE.220621.019.A2. The changelog is quite terse, and includes only three entries:
Current Preview Program firmware version
|Device||Firmware version||What’s included in this software update|
|Chromecast (1st gen)||1.36.159268||Bug fixes and improvements|
|Chromecast (2nd gen)||1.56.275994||Bug fixes and improvements|
|Chromecast (3rd gen)||1.56. 291998||Bug fixes and improvements|
|Chromecast Ultra||1.56.281627||Bug fixes and improvements|
|Chromecast Audio||1.56.281627||Bug fixes and improvements|
|Cast for Android TV||1.56.292394||Bug fixes and improvements|
Check the firmware version of your Chromecast device
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device’s tile.
- Tap Settings Device information.
- Under “Technical information,” check for Cast firmware: “X.XXX.XXXXX.” If the device is on Fuchsia, check for the System firmware version: “X.XXXXXXXX.X.XXXXXXX”
Download the latest Chromecast with Google TV system update
Your device will usually download updates automatically. To manually download the latest update, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen of your Chromecast with Google TV.
- Choose Settings System About System update.