Jan 31/2023: Samsung released the same update for the Galaxy Watch 4 in India with the build number R895FXXU1GWA3.
Jan 25/2023: Samsung recently released the GVK7 update for the Galaxy Watch 4 series. The GVK7 update improved system stability and reliability. According to the report, Samsung already updated its most of devices with the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 stable update and the One UI 5.1 is just around the corner.
Samsung released a new software update for the Galaxy Watch 4 owners in South Korea. According to the latest report, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series grabbed the January 2023 security patch update and the official details show this update comes with the build number R870XXU1GWA3/R8700XM1GWA3 and the size package of this update is huge 328MB. Below you can check the complete changelog of this update.
A new camera controller function added
- You can remotely control your phone’s camera zoom by pinching or spreading two fingers on the screen or rotating the bezel.
- This function only supports Samsung Galaxy S20, Z Flip and later flagship models with One UI 5.1 or higher.
- The ‘Connected Device Diagnosis’ section allows you to test whether the Galaxy Watch’s battery status, touch screen, etc. are working normally on the connected phone.
- A new neck has been added.
- To support the newly added features, update the Samsung Members and Galaxy Wearable apps to the latest versions.
Applied stabilization code
- A stabilization code related to terminal operation has been applied.
Galaxy Watch 4 series gets January 2023 patch update in South Korea #GalaxyWatch4 #Update #Samsung pic.twitter.com/tWSMsAdJZZ
— Sam Latest Updates (One UI) (@latestsamupdate) January 25, 2023