Feb 21/2023: Nothing now rolled out Android 13 update for the Nothing Phone 1 widely.
Feb 16/2023: Back in December, Nothing published the first Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta update for the Nothing Phone 1 users to experience the latest features and innovations of the Android 13. Some users appreciate the effort of Nothing while some users criticize it as they see some bugs.
According to the latest report, now the wait is over, Nothing finally rolled out the most awaited update for the Nothing Phone 1. The device now grabbed the stable Android 13 update. Nothing Phone 1 users posted about it on Reddit, Discord and other social media platforms.
The latest software update is available in the form of Nothing OS 1.5.2 and the size package of this update is around 157MB. The latest update also added the last month’s security patch update (January 2023 Patch). You can check the complete changelog which is mentioned below.
- Weather app
- New Nothing weather app
- Tapping a weather widget on the home screen now directly opens the corresponding city in the app instead of opening a link.
- All new Glyph sound pack for more ringtone and notification sounds.
- More color schemes are available from the wallpaper selector.
- New collection of minimalist wallpapers.
- Icons can match your background color to make your home screen look more consistent.
- Lockscreen shortcut customizations. Create shortcuts for the camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
- Improved experience
- Easily switch data usage when using dual SIM with the improved network Quick Settings panel.
- Automatically show the current network and display how much mobile data you have used in Quick Settings.
- Directly scan a QR code in the Camera app. Scanner also appears as a shortcut in Quick Settings.
- Select language preferences for different apps.
- Visual improvement
- A New look for Media Control. Puts album artwork on full display with a wider set of music controls.
- Improved volume settings panel. Allows granular volume control without unlocking the device.
- Improved Game Mode light notifications. So there is less distraction when you are playing.
- Smoother animations when transitioning the display between on and off.
- More refined Camera app interface.
- Privacy and safety
- Get an alert when an app accesses your clipboard. Cleared history after a period of time to prevent unwanted access.
- Added Personal Safety app.
- Better privacy protection including Photo Picker, nearby Wi-Fi devices permission, and select media permission.
- System performance
- Fingerprint unlock accuracy has improved by up to 12%.
- App startup speed has increased by up to 71%.
- Standby power consumption has improved by up to 50%.
- Implemented a new self-repair feature to periodically delete unused system dumps and cache.
- Increased system stability.
- General bug fixes.