A tipster leaked kernel information of Exynos 2300 but the original tweet has since been taken down. Samsung Exynos 2300 (s5e9935) is code-named Quadra.
- 1x Cortex-X3 at 3.09 GHz
- 4x Cortex-A715 at 2.65 GHz
- 4x Cortex-A510 at 2.1 GHz
- So it’s a 1+4+4 configuration with ARM v9 cores
- Samsung Xclipse 930 at 1.4GHz instead of Mali GPU
- 4WGP 8CU: 4 “warp schedulers” and 8 “compute units
- 512 shader processors, 32 texture units, and 24 render output units
AMD RDNA 2
GPU still adopts a semi-custom design of AMD RDNA2 architecture and is code-named ‘ViKing‘.
ID is very different from AMD products but it looks like Samsung’s self-developed driver.
The mass production of Exynos 2300 was cancelled and it’s not coming. E2300 wasn’t a failure, it could be just that the foundry technology wasn’t ready. Inferior packaging method to TSMC. Lower yield which means higher cost.