Apple recently released the official version update of iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, watchOS 9.4 and macOS 13.3, in which the company brought several improvements. And after this Apple also released tvOS 16.4, HomePod/Mini 16.4 and Studio Display 16.4 update. Apple added new things after the iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 update. You can check the complete details which are mentioned below.
iOS 16.4 & iPadOS 16.4 Adds Podcast Channel List
iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, and macOS 13.3 add tons of new features to Apple’s Podcasts app on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and CarPlay.
- Podcast channel list: The Podcasts app for iPhone, iPad, Mac and CarPlay has a new menu called Channels. After the user clicks the menu, you can view all current podcast programs, which is convenient for the user to find the channel content he is interested in.
- Up Next: The Up Next queue will contain an episode of a podcast that the listener has chosen to save to the Library, as well as previously listened to podcast episodes that have not been followed. Users can also use more tools to manage Up Next. For example, they can touch and hold a show’s artwork to remove it from the queue.
- See how many unplayed episodes a channel has: Users can more intuitively know how many episodes of the channel they follow are not played.
- Improved podcasting experience on the CarPlay platform: CarPlay’s Listen Now page provides access to the Up Next and Recently Played entries. On the Browse tab, you can see editors’ picks for podcast recommendations.
iOS 16.4 New Widgets
Apple has improved the Wallet app even more in the iOS 16.4 update, and now iPhone users can set up special widgets on the home screen to track orders and purchase items. Think of it as if you’re an iPhone, iPad, or Mac user and you visit shopping apps or websites to make purchases on these devices, they’ll track your order in the Wallet app after you’ve paid with Apple Pay. can do.
This wallet includes information about the order status, estimated time of arrival or whether there is an issue with the order, order number, total purchase amount and payment status. Users can also interact with merchants directly from the Wallet app.
iOS 16.4 Adds PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge Wireless Controller Support
Apple has also added support for the PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge wireless controller with the new iOS, iPadOS, macOS Ventura, and tvOS updates, allowing it to be used with Apple devices.
iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 Added Multiple New Shortcut Action Options
As per the official details, the iOS 16.4, iPad OS 16.4, macOS 13.3, and watchOS 9.4 updates add a list of new features and improvements to the dedicated Shortcuts app, which is available on Apple’s iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. Below you can check all the shortcuts.
The following are some new shortcut commands:
- Find Books searches your library for books or PDFs matching a given title, author, genre, purchase date, or content type on iOS and macOS
- Intercom broadcasts announcements to your home on iOS and watchOS
- Set VPN connects, disconnects, or sets the On Demand setting for any VPN on iOS and macOS
- Set AirDrop Receiving sets the AirDrop Receiving preference to Everyone, Contacts Only, or Nobody on iOS and macOS
- Set Stage Manager enables or disables and changes the settings for Stage Manager on iPadOS and macOS
- Set Announce Notifications toggles the Announce Notifications setting on iOS and watchOS
- Set Silence Unknown Callers toggles the Silence Unknown Callers setting on iOS
- Set Night Shift and Set True Tone toggle the display settings on iOS and macOS
- Set Always-On Display toggles the Always-On Display on supported iOS devices
- Find Apps finds and filters apps installed on macOS
- Find Displays finds and filters display on macOS
- Shut Down, Restart, and Lock Display are now available on iOS and macOS
- Log Out, Sleep and Put Display to Sleep are now available on macOS
Here are some updated shortcut actions:
- Move Window now allows moving a window to a display on macOS
- Ask for Input has a new “Allow Multiple Lines” option, which can be disabled for single-line text input
- Find Photos can now find screen recordings
- Find Contacts now filters by birthday more accurately
- Get Device Details can now get the OS build number
- Get Device Details now rounds numbers, including the current battery level, volume, and brightness, to remove unnecessary decimal digits
- Set Playback Destination now works when run from Siri
- Play Music once again resumes currently playing music if no music is passed as input
- Run AppleScript can now produce dictionaries as output from AppleScript records
- Nothing now produces a variable with zero items, instead of producing no variable at all
- Repeat can now be set to run 0 times