OnePlus 8 Pro is a premium device that comes with a robust spec-sheet. It offers excellent performance supporting high-end games and massive usage. The power backup of the device is also strong, featuring both fast charging and wireless refilling support.
Further, its admirable camera setup with sufficient storage and Dolby Atmos Speakers turns it into an irresistible deal. However, its non-expandable memory slot can be a matter of concern for certain users.
OnePlus has rolled out the OxygenOS 11 open beta testing to its devices. Going forward, these phones have received the first OxygeOS 11 testing firmware via over-the-air.
Now, the company has rolling out the OxygenOS 11 open beta 6 update to its OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users and it also brings the January 2021 security patch update and users received this update via OTA.
The Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro brings optimizations for several system functions such as UI display of the status bar, stability of frame rate, interface of the Community homepage, as well as fixes the drop-down menu crashing issue of Browser.
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
Note: Before upgrading to the latest version make sure your smartphone is connected with a proper internet connection, we recommend you to download it over WIFI so that you will not face any error.