According to the information, the LineageOS version 18.1 Android 11 based update will soon be available for the Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 4a, and OnePlus 8 series.
LineageOS 18.1 upgrades to Android 11 Eligible Devices:
- Google Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4a 5G
- Google Pixel 5
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8TXiaomi Mi 8 Lite
Join Our RealMi Central Channel On Telegram
LineageOS 18.1 has now been announced on the ROM’s official blog, where the developers shared the progress they’ve made over the past year, including a variety of new features!
- Security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged to LineageOS 15.1 through 18.1.
- 18.1 builds are currently based on the android-11.0.0_r32 tag, which is the Pixel series unified tag.
- Wi-Fi display is available for newer Qualcomm devices, on a device-by-device basis.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105.
- Our Recorder app has been vastly improved in more ways than can be counted, go leave yourself a voice-memo so you don’t forget that great idea!
- Screen recording has been moved to a QS tile to match AOSP’s behavior.
- The user interface has been revamped and there’s also now a UI for easily viewing, managing, and sharing your voice notes.
- It’s now possible to choose the quality of your audio recordings to save space.
- It’s now possible to pause and resume recordings.
- The FOSS Etar app has been forked, improved, and shipped in place of the stagnant and largely unmaintained AOSP calendar.
- The Calyx institute’s FOSS Seedvault application has been included as a built-in backup solution.
- To use it, navigate to Settings -> System -> Backup, and “Change backup provider” to Seedvault. You can then click “Seedvault Backup” to configure, schedule, and encrypt backups!
- Backups created with Seedvault can be uploaded on your Nextcloud instance, an external USB drive or kept on your local storage.
- There is now an option on non-A/B devices to update the recovery image alongside the OS, just as the stock OS would!
- To use this, either enable the option during the initial device setup or navigate to Settings -> System -> (Show More) Updater ->
- Three Dot Menu in the top right -> and check “Update recovery alongside OS”.
- Our music app, Eleven now has a more up-to-date UI and integrates nicely with all the new android features for music players such as seeking from the notification.
All LineageOS apps now have support for dark mode.
(17.1 too) Our recovery now has a new, colorful, and fun UI that is much more accessible.
(17.1 too) The firewall can block all connections now by making apps think that the device is in airplane mode.
(17.1 too) We’ve introduced a new expandable volume dialog UI that allows you to control multiple volume streams more easily.
(17.1 too) The partial screenshot feature has been improved with a new UI that’s easier to use. On 18.1 it also integrates nicely with the new Android’s “instant screenshot”. Long press the screenshot button in the power menu and give it a try!
(17.1 too) Trebuchet now supports icon packs.
(17.1 too) ADB root was reworked to ensure compatibility with other 3rd party root solutions.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.