OnePlus on its portfolio listed the Oneplus 9 series phones- OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9, and OnePlus 9 Pro. The phone packs some amazing specs. Recently, OnePlus releases its kernel source which means it will soon start getting custom ROM and Recoveries. But you can root OnePlus 9 right away. Here you will know how to root OnePlus 9 Pro and How to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 Pro.
How to Root OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus phones are easy to root as compared to a few other brands. And since there is a flash tool available for OnePlus phones, you can take risks for rooting your phone. You can use the flash tool to fix your phone in case of any issue. Rooting is not an easy task, but the Magisk app makes it easier if you follow the correct steps. But you cannot directly root your phone by default. So first we will share how to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 (Pro).
Join Our OnePlus Channel On Telegram
OnePlus 9 Pro Unlock Bootloader
- Take a full backup of your phone as unlocking the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 (Pro) will delete all data.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open Settings on your OnePlus 9 and go to the ‘About Phone option.
- In About Phone, you will see Build Number, so tap about 7-8 times on it. It will display ‘You are now a developer.’
- Go back to main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
- In the developer option, enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging. Also, enable the Advance reboot option under developer options.
- Long press Power button and it will show some options, click on three dots and select bootloader. You can also boot into fastboot by using shortcut buttons.
- The OnePlus 9 will now boot into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader mode.
- When the phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer.
- Now open the command/CMD window on your PC. Enter the below command to check the device connectivity with the computer. It will give some device id.
- fastboot devices
- Once it is connected, enter the below command.
- fastboot OEM unlock
- The above command will prompt options on your phone. Now use the Volume buttons to toggle options. Select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ and press the Power button.
- The unlock process will remove all data. The device will now auto-reboot into the system after finishing the unlocking.
- Set up your device and enjoy OnePlus 9 with an unlocked bootloader.
Steps to Root OnePlus 9 (Pro) with Magisk
- First, extract the boot.img file from OnePlus 9 series firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your OnePlus 9 Pro to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- fastboot devices
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root OnePlus 9 phones.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.