Windows 10 May 2021 update is now officially available! It has been several months since Microsoft officially started testing the Windows 10 May 2021 update, and Windows Insiders have been testing it in the Beta channel for a long time. This update has never been technically tested by development channels because these builds are not tied to a specific version of Windows 10, they are active development branches for future versions of Windows.
Today, the Windows 10 May 2021 update is available to anyone who wants to install it. Just like the 20H2 version, it is a simple activation package, which means you won’t get any actual new features, all The update is actually on your computer, and this update will simply highlight some of the functions that already exist, of course, in this case, there will not be many features.
The remote work caused by the COVID-19 pandemic is the reason why Microsoft’s Windows 10 update progress is slow, that is, why it only released a small enablement package in the spring. All the new features in this update boil down to a few aspects. First, Windows Hello can now work better on systems with multiple cameras with facial recognition capabilities. For example, if you have a laptop with a Windows Hello camera connected to a monitor that also has a built-in Windows Hello camera.
Join Our Microsoft Channel On Telegram
In addition, Microsoft has also made some performance improvements to Windows Defender Application Guard, including improved transmission performance when transferring files larger than 400MB in size. The new version also brings some improvements to Windows Management Instrumentation Group Policy Server to help adapt to remote work scenarios.
If you want to get the update, this means you need to manually check for the update in the settings application and choose to install the update, although for many people it seems that it is not available this way. You can also download the update through the media creation tool or the upgrade assistant.
Complete update list:
- Windows Hello multi-camera support allows users to choose external cameras first when using high-end displays with integrated cameras.
- Windows Defender application guard performance improvements, including optimization of document opening scene time.
- Fixed an issue that caused a delay of one minute or more when opening Microsoft Guardian Application Guard (WDAG) Office documents. This happens when you try to open a file using a UNC path or SMB share link.
- Improved Robocopy’s performance when copying files whose total size exceeds 400MB.
- Fixed an issue that caused the WDAG container to use nearly 1GB of memory (working set) when idle.
- WMI Group Policy Service (GPSVC) updated performance improvements to support remote work scenarios.
Fixed an issue that caused the slow propagation of changes made by Active Directory (AD) administrators to user or computer group memberships. Although the access token will eventually be updated, these changes will not appear when the administrator uses gpresult/or gpresult /h to create reports. Microsoft does let people force the update through its installation media tool right here.
If you like our news and you want to see such news even further, then follow RealMi Central on Telegram (RealMi Central, Xiaomi, Apple, Realme, Samsung, Microsoft, OnePlus, Huawei/Honor, Android 12), Twitter, Facebook (Page) (Group) & Instagram.