Google Chrome browser has been changed to a week-long update, today, Chrome 94 has been officially released, you can find the update download in the settings.
The new tab page can display Google Drive files
- Chrome has added a card design to the new tab page. In the latest version, the card can display the three most recent Google Drive files, named From your Google Drive, which can be closed manually.
New graphics API
- Chrome 94 began testing a new WebGPU API, allowing web developers to use the computer’s GPU, which is more useful for games. The WebGPU API is different from the previous WebGL and WebGL2 APIs. The API can use the computer’s native processing technology, including Apple’s Metal, Microsoft’s Direct3D and Vulkan.
Further improve HTTPS priority
- Chrome 94 has added a mode called HTTPS-First, this mode can give priority to all web pages to use HTTPS access, if it fails to load, it will give a full-screen reminder when using HTTP access.
New sharing center
- Chrome previously tested a brand new Sharing Center component, integrating various web sharing methods into one place. Users can click on the paper airplane icon on the right side of the address bar to see the brand new “Sharing Center”, which includes copying links, saving web pages, and more ways to share.
This feature needs to be turned on in the experimental options:
Chrome for Android gets more Material You designs
- Material You is a new design style introduced by Google in Android 12. Google brought Material You design to it in Chrome 93, and in Chrome 94, the interface style will be more unified.
Optimized Chrome Tabs for iOS
- Chrome 94 iOS version optimized tabs, you can perform operations on multiple tabs at the same time.
- Chrome DevTools already supports more than 80 languages
- New Nest Hubs in the device list: Now you can choose to view web page styles and designs in Nest Hub
- The new checkbox can invert web filters
- Scrollbar-Gutter property: allows developers to prevent layout changes when the content is expanded, and avoid unnecessary changes when scrolling is not required