The second update of Battlefield 2042 is now online (the first update was already online when it was first released), 1.2GB on PC Steam. This patch balances the hovercraft’s health, making it more in line with the design, and ensuring that the weapon performs appropriately and effectively. DICE also made similar adjustments to Nightingale’s 20mm cannons, which can cause excessive splash damage.
Update #2 log:
With the exception of shotguns, the spread of bullets for all weapons has been reduced. This should lead to better accuracy during the game. The vertical recoil of the PP-29 has been increased to ensure that the weapon will not be overly aggressive when fighting outside the predetermined combat range.
Fixed an issue where players killed near obstacles such as walls or water could not be resurrected. Solved the situation where the player was trapped on the ground and could not respawn. We have also introduced a hidden timer that will start 30 seconds after the player is down and will force a redeployment if needed.
- The 20mm cannon installed by Nightingale-we are reducing the damage radius of the bullet and reducing its splash damage
- Reduce the size of the explosion radius from 3 to 2
- Reduced the damage of the inner explosion radius from 1.5 to 0.75
KA-520 Super Hawkham-30mm cannon (side mounting)
- We are reducing the overall damage and the range of bullets that cause total damage while increasing the overall bullet spread.
- Explosion radius reduced from 2 to 1.6
- Reduced explosion damage from 20 to 14
- Reduced the bullet damage before the damage falls from 18 to 15
- Damage drop distance reduced from 200 to 180
- Reduced the bullet damage of the maximum fall distance from 8 to 6
- Increased the range and dispersion of bullets
AH-64GX Apache and KA-520 Super Hawkham – 30mm cannon
- We are reducing the damage radius when the bullet hits and reducing its splash damage
- Reduced explosion damage from 20 to 18
- Increased the damage drop of the ion bomb hitting the enemy farther from the center.
- We have reduced the overall damage of the miniguns of all land vehicles, and the drop in bullet damage has now begun to advance.
- Reduced the bullet damage before the damage reduction starts, from 18 to 13
- Reduced the damage drop distance from 60 to 40
- Reduced the bullet damage of the maximum fall distance to 6
The armor type of the LCAA hovercraft has been adjusted to increase its vulnerability to different weapon types.
- UAV-1 was re-enabled in the battlefield portal.
- Greatly reduce the delay and speed of blood return
- Increased missile damage to vehicles and infantry
- Drones can now kill enemies on the road
Breakthrough mode now ends correctly after the last area is occupied
- Resolved an issue that caused players who were waiting in line for the match in the battlefield portal to be sent back to the menu instead of joining the match when there is room.
- Comprehensive improvements have been made to stability to prevent rare game crashes.