On December 29, 2021, with the joint efforts of the Unikylin community and the Haihe Lab R&D team, the first Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro version supporting RISC-V architecture is finally released!
As the first architecture that can be used completely freely, RISC-V allows the addition of its own instruction set expansion to achieve differentiated development, and it has become more and more popular in recent years. This is also our original intention to develop the Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro RISC-V version, to provide enterprises and developers with an unrestricted use environment.
Of course, although RISC-V has such obvious architectural advantages, its shortcomings are also obvious, that is, the application ecosystem is not perfect. The release of the Eukylin RISC-V version comes with 20+ self-developed software, which enriches the RISC-V application ecosystem to a certain extent, and provides certain convenience for developers and enterprises using RISC-V. We will continue to work on the construction of the RISC-V ecosystem to bring more possibilities to it.
The following is a detailed introduction video about the RISC-V version:
- Brand new kernel: Linux Kernel 5.11 version
- Stable toolchain: glibc 2.31, OpenJDK 11, rustc 1.41, GCC 9.3, Python 3.8, ruby 2.7.0, perl 5.30, golang 1.13, Qt 5.12
- Beautiful desktop environment: UKUI 3.0
- Rich desktop applications: browser epihany-browser 3.36.4, office suite calligra 3.1.0, and Kylin series applications
- After changing the password on the control panel, the authorization window password is still the original password
- When there is only one user, the user type is displayed as a standard user
- Unable to restart, shut down, hibernate, or sleep
- Occasionally the keyboard and mouse malfunction during use (it is recommended to plug the keyboard into the lower interface of USB CONN 1. If there is a problem, you need to replug the keyboard/mouse)
- Use win + arrow keys to adjust the position of the text editor, then close and open, the editor size changes
At present, the Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro RISC-V version is available on the official website https://www.ubuntukylin.com/downloads/, all fans are welcome to download and experience! For more problem feedback and optimization suggestions, please click to enter the Ubuntu Kylin community forum and let us know~