God of War 4 PC version 1.04 update is now live, and in this game, Atreus sometimes becomes unresponsive. Now if this happens again, the player can start over from a checkpoint or the most recent save, which should reset his state. Below is the official release changelog.
- Restarting from a checkpoint or a saved game will now reset his state if Atreus becomes unresponsive
- Fixed rare case of graphics card driver crash
- Fixed an issue with incorrect video memory detection on Intel XE platforms
- Fixed an issue where the display mode setting would change to the windowed mode when resetting the display settings to default on ultrawide monitors
- Fixed an issue that caused controls to disappear when opening the inventory while traveling in the realm
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when the client is closed
- Added DLSS sharpening bar
- Added additional logging to crash reporting to help identify the source of intermittent crashes.