It was basically no longer a secret before the stream from CD Projekt RED, then, among other things, the Dutch Xbox account briefly burst out with a tweet that had to be quickly deleted: CD Projekt RED finally released the Next- Cyberpunk 2077 Gen Upgrade Revealed. Both the Xbox Series X|S and the PlayStation 5 are happy with it.
The Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC will also receive patch 1.5 with further bug fixes. It is fitting that the title is currently available on the Xbox consoles for 34.99 euros in the digital store. This price has already been undercut by the retail version. The game was already available for 29.99 euros.
I myself will now be touring through Night City again, but I sincerely hope that the developers of CD Projekt RED have not accidentally tinkered with new bugs in the title with the next-gen upgrade. That would bring back bad memories of the original console launch. But what improvements does the next-gen version of “Cyberpunk 2077” bring with it?
Well, the Poles mentioned in today’s live stream that patch 1.5 brings the following:
- Next-gen optimizations for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
- Perk system redesign: All points must be redistributed after the initial launch with patch 1.5.
- AI Optimizations: Smarter NPCs in battles
- Improved vehicle handling
- Improved behavior of pedestrians and drivers
- An optimized map display, main and side quests are more visually distinguishable, new filter options
- New in-game rewards from fixers
- Adjustments to quest rewards and vendor prices: Many items are now cheaper.
- New weapons and new weapon accessories
- UI improvements, such as skipping times of day
- The player’s appearance can be changed later in the apartment (mirror).
- New character customization options (hairstyles, makeup, etc.)
- New websites for V on his PC (apartment redesign possible)
- Possibility to rent new apartments
- New Photo Mode poses for Johnny Silverhand in the Flashback quests
- Ray-Traced Local Shadows (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)
- Dual Sense Controller Features (PS5)
- Performance / Ray Tracing Modes (PS5 / Xbox Series X)
- Benchmark mode (PC)
- AMD FideltyFX Super Resolution (PC) support
Of course, everything sounds great, even if the most important question is why you didn’t do everything right at the launch. Still, better late than never, and it’s to be commended that CD Projekt RED continues to update Cyberpunk 2077.
Especially since the next-gen upgrade is free for owners of the PS4 and Xbox One versions (as promised). When will the update be released? From now on! There is also a five-hour trial for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S, in which you can play the game for free. This trial is available for the next 30 days – you can also transfer scores to the full version after playing.